Seat Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackhole
    I thank you for your opinion, but I've learned differently from psychologists that taught in my EMT class and from what I've learned in continuing education in EMS. I'll stick with the advice of licensed psychological professionals.

Can I ask what type of field you were working in that you've have the opportunity to arrive home and hug your children with smeared dried blood on your uniform? I've been in EMS for 5 years and security for 4 and have never once arrived home with blood on my uniforms.
    Jackhole:
    I was functioning as a police officer, Colerain Township, Hamilton County Ohio on weekends and at night. You go to work in a uniform and come home the same way. Our office was the size of a large "walk-in" closet. You see a lot of bad stuff first hand and it changes your perspective on life and contemporary values. You have a greater appreciation of human life and how very frail it is.
    During the day I was an Ohio Air National Security Police Technician for a KC-97L Tanker Group. After spending 22 days short of 10 years on the active force, I wanted to keep my hand in. I got into the security inspection business for the Air Force Reserve in Georgia and stayed in that business through postings with Army, Navy, Army again and finally with the US Marshals Service. All building blocks for well rounded security career.
    Thanks for asking.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

It's amazing how much damage someone's head can do to a windshield when a seatbelt isn't used.

Comment

Originally posted by T202
        It's amazing how much damage someone's head can do to a windshield when a seatbelt isn't used.
        And how!! Even w/ a seatbelt, your head will go through the driver's side window in a "T-bone" accident and may even dent the hood of the vehicle that hits you. That means hemorrhaging and brain swelling/pressure inside the skull with brain damage and/or death as a result.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          And how!! Even w/ a seatbelt, your head will go through the driver's side window in a "T-bone" accident and may even dent the hood of the vehicle that hits you. That means hemorrhaging and brain swelling/pressure inside the skull with brain damage and/or death as a result.
          Mine was a t-bone accident and my head didn't go through the driver side window.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
            Mine was a t-bone accident and my head didn't go through the driver side window.
            Consider yourself fortunate. Obviously there are many variables in a collision, including speed, vehicle size/weight/design, and so forth. Nevertheless, the Internet has plenty of video to verify my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by LavianoTS386
              If you're patroling private property those laws do not apply.

yeah you're right, its true,
              How to start a nursing agency | Free Insurance Quote | Start a nursing agency business

Comment

Originally posted by dio_mack
                yeah you're right, its true,
                See post #8.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X