Training to be a security guard, I am from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training to be a security guard, I am from Australia

Hey all, i want to get into the security industry, at like clubs and what not. i have a few mates that run a network of clubs, and they said they could get me a job easily, if i had my security license.

i was looking at this website http://www.securityinstitute.org/act...ity-Operations where i can get a cert2

any opinions on that? is this the right cert to get into the industry? thanks

all opinons and feed back welcome! thank you

does anyone know what the training is like?

Comment

We used to have Austrailians here. Your system is completely unlike our own, as its national and full of different certifications. Our nation doesn't have one standard, nor do the Canadians. It varies wildly from State to State.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        We used to have Austrailians here. Your system is completely unlike our own, as its national and full of different certifications. Our nation doesn't have one standard, nor do the Canadians. It varies wildly from State to State.
        Thanks for the reply bro, also check out my intro thread on that other sub-forum.

I think i might start at the cert2 level, ive been told its enough to be a security officer at a night club.

Thanks again,

Matthew.

Comment

I have a question. Does Australia make security workers take drug tests? From what I understand, this user will not be able to pass one, as you can smoke his hair and get a buzz.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Hi,

Matt what state are you in first of all?

To be a Crowd Controller (Nightclub Security Guard) you need to hold a security licence.

Now to get a security licence you need a few things.

1: Cert II in security operations
            2: Current Police Clearance (Within 3 months in SA)
            3: No criminal record besides minor traffic infringments (speeding to a point)
            4: Be willing to at anytime submit to a urine and saliva drug test. They can make you do one whilst working in a nightclub on the spot. You refuse you loose your licence and will be charged with an offence.
            5: Be willing at anytime to submit to breath analaysis to test if you are under the influence of alcohol.
            Fight what is Wrong, Believe what is True, Do what is Right

Comment

Originally posted by Penthrox
              ....Matt what state are you in first of all?...
              This is a key question Matt, because all States in Australia have their own Security Act and Regulations and in many cases the Act is applied in different ways to say a Crowd Controller, a Security Guard or a Private Agent.

You need to be sure that the qualification course that you are studying applies to the State in which you are being employed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X