Horrific line-of-duty murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrific line-of-duty murder

I saw this on our local ASIS chapter listserve...we apparently have lost a good security officer in the area. I hope the jury of peers does the right thing.

Geoff

-----

On Sunday, Sept 5th a security officer employed by Executive Security Services was shot in the head, execution style, after being tied up by three robbers at an Ingle's store in Forsyth County, Georgia.

Bob Copeland is the President of Executive Security Service, the officer had been in Bob's employ for eight years and was a great officer according to Bob (I spoke to him this afternoon).

The three men responsible for this execution style murder have been caught, they may actually discover justice in Forsyth County where a jury of their peers will likely not find the execution of a security officer - who had already been tied up - at their local grocery store something they can get past easily.

Funeral services for the slain security officer will be held Saturday, Sept 11, 2010 at 2pm at Smith's Funeral Home located at 755 Atlanta Hwy (Hwy 8) in Winder, GA just north of Hwy 316 and Hog Mountain Road. The phone number for Smith's Funeral Home is 770.867.4553

Damn.

RIP.
    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

update

SO may have been killed with own weapon, It has been reported to be an inside job, one of the employee let gang in back door.Group have been active in area for some time. All were teenagers. Security Company stated guard was not authorized to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by yank1776 View Post
        SO may have been killed with own weapon, It has been reported to be an inside job, one of the employee let gang in back door.Group have been active in area for some time. All were teenagers. Security Company stated guard was not authorized to be armed.
        In my humble opinion the State regulatory board was complicit in this murder, by denying the S/O his fundamental right of self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by talon View Post
          In my humble opinion the State regulatory board was complicit in this murder, by denying the S/O his fundamental right of self defense.

Agreed 100%

Comment

Rest in peace, brother. You'll be in our prayers.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
            - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
            — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X