Shoplifters Stab Security Guard In San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifters Stab Security Guard In San Diego

CHULA VISTA — A security guard was knifed in the abdomen and leg when he tried to stop two men from stealing alcohol from a grocery store, Chula Vista police said today.

The assault occurred about 2:45 p.m. Friday at the Food-4-Less on Palomar Street near Industrial Boulevard, police Lt. Fritz Reber said.

Two men reportedly grabbed some containers of alcohol and started to run out of the store. A security guard tried to stop them and got into a fight with the pair, Reber said.

One of the thieves stabbed the guard once in the abdomen and once in the left thigh. The men ran toward a nearby trolley station and escaped. The guard was hospitalized but is expected to recover, Reber said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...d-chula-vista/

Chula Vista has its fair share of gangmembers and illegals; I'm surprised he wasn't shot.
    Navy Chief, Navy Pride

Comment

Can't beat a nice comfy stab proof vest. Ok it won't stop a bullet, unless you RREEAAALLLYYY wonna splash some cash, but it's protection against those nasty little needles and knives.

Urgh, don't wonna get hit by a needle. No way.
      Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
      Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

I have never been to San Diego and was thinking about spending a few months there with my family. My wife is a little bit concerned about the safety of our kids. With that in mind, would San Diego be a good choice of places to stay, or should I be looking at being a little further away from the border?
        IP Alarms

Comment

San Diego is a great place. I lived there for a time. It's a family friendly city with much to do. Check out the world famous zoo and the many other attractions. San Diego is like any other city - crimes occur everywhere.
          Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
          Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

It's the surfing and climate that attracted me to San Diego as I do like to have a splash in warm(ish) water. You're right of course - crime can occur anywhere.
            IP Alarms

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X