Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security guards injured by bolting shoplifter

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/506427.html
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

This reminds me of an incident at a Winnipeg shopping mall a few months ago. A LPO followed a suspect outside and attempted to apprehend him when the suspect entered a vehicle. The LPO followed and a struggle ensued. When it was all said and done the LPO was dragged about 100 yards through a very busy mall parking lot as the suspect had closed the window on the LPO's arm! Luckily, the LPO only suffered minor injuries. All this for about $9/hour.....no thanks.
    ========================================
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by aphilpot
      ...... All this for about $9/hour.....no thanks.
      I'll second that.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I would not try to assert my authority against a multi-ton vehicle, even using lethal force, for 25 dollars an hour.

Cars do not read, they do not care what your badge says. The added mass of the car turns the mass to brain weight ratio of the driver to that of a cow. Do you really think that someone with the adjusted brain to mass ratio of a cow is going to care that you are connected to the car?

If I can't stop the guy from getting into the car, it can go to a vehicle pursuit or some other method of enforcement such as swearing a warrant based on the plate. I have thankfully never been attached to a vehicle, because I'd of been on the news as "Security Guard shoots and kills driver of car dragging him along."
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          ...... I have thankfully never been attached to a vehicle, because I'd of been on the news as "Security Guard shoots and kills driver of car dragging him along."
          No problem. We'll be happy to testify as character witnesses in your behalf at the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            No problem. We'll be happy to testify as character witnesses in your behalf at the trial.
            That one would be justifiable. Only way to stop the vehicle that your attached to is to disable the driver. Driver refuses to stop, you shoot him till he stops the car.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

That one would be justifiable. Only way to stop the vehicle that your attached to is to disable the driver. Driver refuses to stop, you shoot him till he stops the car.
              I mean the civil trial.

Comment

I mean the civil trial.
                Oh, that. That's why you have personal liability insurance.

Comment

Oh, that. That's why you have personal liability insurance.
                  Exactly. And the house in your wife's name.

Comment

I mean the civil trial.
                    I wasn't aware the dead could sue.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I would not try to assert my authority against a multi-ton vehicle, even using lethal force, for 25 dollars an hour.

Cars do not read, they do not care what your badge says. The added mass of the car turns the mass to brain weight ratio of the driver to that of a cow. Do you really think that someone with the adjusted brain to mass ratio of a cow is going to care that you are connected to the car?

If I can't stop the guy from getting into the car, it can go to a vehicle pursuit or some other method of enforcement such as swearing a warrant based on the plate. I have thankfully never been attached to a vehicle, because I'd of been on the news as "Security Guard shoots and kills driver of car dragging him along."
                      That reminds me of an incident that happened at the mall I worked at in 1999. The Foley's l.p. there decided it was a good idea to dive into the window of a moving car to catch a running suspect. One was wrestling with the driver with his feet dangling out the window. The other one was knocking on the back window saying something about roll that down or something. A passing bodybuilder decided to stop and help. He yanked the suspect out through the window using one hand. Then he proceeded to tell the l.p. guys they were morons for running up to a moving car and playing Steven Seagal.
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X