Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit by Hammer and Robbed

Goole, UK:
    A security guard who was filling up a cash machine was hit in the head by a man wielding a hammer. The thief escaped with a large amount of cash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4966606.stm

What is being done about this problem?
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Goole, UK:
    A security guard who was filling up a cash machine was hit in the head by a man wielding a hammer. The thief escaped with a large amount of cash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4966606.stm

What is being done about this problem?
    Probably nothing. Its the company's, not the crown's, problem.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Actually I do see this as the crown's problem since large amounts of funds are being made off with in these robberies of bank carriers. High enough losses will put a considerable handicap on the economy itself, not to mention the injuries incurred by those who were robbed.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I think all hammers should be banned except for use by members of professional builders unions. Carpenters wanting to purchase a hammer would have to show a Union card and be gainfully employed in the building industry. The average citizen has no reason to own a hammer and can't be trusted with these dangerous tools.

Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I also see it being a government issue if (and I believe they do) the UK has a strong workers compensation program. Work injuries cost the government.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
            I think all hammers should be banned except for use by members of professional builders unions. Carpenters wanting to purchase a hammer would have to show a Union card and be gainfully employed in the building industry. The average citizen has no reason to own a hammer and can't be trusted with these dangerous tools.

HAHAHAHA! I was thinking the same thing. +1
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard

Only semi-automatic hammers need to be banned from use by the general public

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                Only semi-automatic hammers need to be banned from use by the general public
                Framing, sledge, and jack hammers (which are fully automatic) need to be banned. However, baseball bats are OK because just about everyone owns one.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

no no no, you have to be a registered member of a baseball team to own a bat. And you can only transport it from your home to baseball diamond locked in the trunk of your car. (These are the rules for handgun ownership by private citizens in Canada who don't have a permit to use firearms at work-you have to be a member of a shooting club, the gun must be locked in the trunk & I believe the ammo has to be stored separately)

Comment

Pneumatic and Electric Nail Guns should be for military carpentry use only. After all, they're even more dangerous than those manual hammers.

(What does a nail gun have to do with a hammer? Hell if I know, but you know how they love to shotgun legislate in some parts...)
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Pneumatic and Electric Nail Guns should be for military carpentry use only. After all, they're even more dangerous than those manual hammers.

(What does a nail gun have to do with a hammer? Hell if I know, but you know how they love to shotgun legislate in some parts...)
                      A nailgun does the same work as a hammer, but it is semi-automatic and more lethal at long ranges
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Not recommended for suicide.

US doctors found 12 nails stuck in the skull of a man who came in complaining of a headache.

Medics believe the man fired the two-inch nails into his head himself in a bizarre suicide bid - but somehow survived.

"Incredibly he's made a full recovery," said Dr Alexander West, the neurosurgeon who led the team that pulled out the nails.

"This guy was blessed in some way. I mean, it's incredible."

The 2-inch nails were not originally visible in the 33-year-old's head when he sought help in hospital in Portland, Oregon.
                        But x-rays revealed six nails clustered between his right eye and ear, two below his right ear and four on the left side of his head.

The nails came close to major blood vessels and the brain stem but did not pierce them

Officials believe the unnamed man was suicidal and high on methamphetamine when he fired the nails into his head one by one with a nail gun.

from Ananova
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Lethal nailguns?

I shot my brother in law in the leg with a three inch nail out of a nail gun, 900 kpa of pressure behind it.. The nail went between the bone and the muscle in his shin. I was nailing together a bench for making wall frames when the nailgun slipped off the timber went across the room and into his leg.
                          We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X