Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot by Striking Mob

Durban, South Africa:
    A security guard was shot to death when he and 7 fellow working officers were attacked and shot by a group of 60 striking guards. Police searched the striking guards at the next station and seized their weapons. No arrests were made.

http://www.sabcnews.com/economy/labo...125944,00.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

According to another account, the victim was told "you have cheek to be working while the rest of us are not" before he was shot to death.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?f...1340743C102164
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

And this isn't being suppressed, why?
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        And this isn't being suppressed, why?
        I get the impression they are trying to suppress that. There are more than half a million striking security guards and they are overpowering the police with their rioting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
          I get the impression they are trying to suppress that. There are more than half a million striking security guards and they are overpowering the police with their rioting.
          I think, unfortunately, when I say "suppressed," I mean with the South African Military. I have a feeling that eventually, we will be deploying UN Peacekeepers to South Africa to quell that riot.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            I think, unfortunately, when I say "suppressed," I mean with the South African Military. I have a feeling that eventually, we will be deploying UN Peacekeepers to South Africa to quell that riot.
            Unfortunately, I agree. When that happens the public perception of what we all do will be so negative we may be looking for other jobs.

Comment

I disagree with this dramatically effecting public perception of security officers. People know there is a distance between life in S.Africa and the U.S. Something like this in the U.S. would have already been responded to and probably put down. I dont see any big changes resulting in the U.S. from this. In my personal opinion, the way things are in S. Africa is so far from many countries... this is hardly newsworthy in the security industry... unless of course you are looking at an area contract.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                I disagree with this dramatically effecting public perception of security officers. People know there is a distance between life in S.Africa and the U.S. Something like this in the U.S. would have already been responded to and probably put down. I dont see any big changes resulting in the U.S. from this. In my personal opinion, the way things are in S. Africa is so far from many countries... this is hardly newsworthy in the security industry... unless of course you are looking at an area contract.
                This would not affect our lives in the USA for certain, but there would be a new negative light on our business as a whole in international media if the U.N. actually had to bring an operation in to quell the civil uprising.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X