Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigdog
    replied
    They still have capitol police in florida they are FDLE agents. Security officers are responsible for non LE duties.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Indeed. Just about every state office building in Florida is contracted to one company, who provides an unarmed guard. They used to be in-house Capitol Police Officers, who have LE authority and are armed. Now, its a contract courtsey guard.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    What a waste. It looks like from the older article he was shot because he was unarmed, an easy target for someone who hates the likes of him.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I remember the incident.
    Good memory.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541
    I did some "google" work on some old info from the time of the attack.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ol-shoot_x.htm
    Poor guard.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    How do you know that he was unarmed?
    I remember the incident.

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    The Capitol building doesn't have metal detectors, and the security guards are unarmed.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Tuesday that he would issue an executive order to install metal detectors as soon as possible and would consider other security upgrades, including arming the guards.
    I did some "google" work on some old info from the time of the attack.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ol-shoot_x.htm
    Last edited by SgtUSMC8541; 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    The Capitol Security personnel are being replaced with armed and sworn Capitol Police Officers. People said that the guards should be armed to protect the capitol building and themselves. So, it looks like they're being transitioned or terminated to make way for State Police.
    How do you know that he was unarmed?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    The Capitol Security personnel are being replaced with armed and sworn Capitol Police Officers. People said that the guards should be armed to protect the capitol building and themselves. So, it looks like they're being transitioned or terminated to make way for State Police.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Finds Man Insane for Shooting Capitol Security Guard

Springfield, IL:
    A man named Derek Potts, 25, who shot and killed a capitol security guard, William Wozniak, 51, in 2004 was judged not guilty by reason of insanity. Examinations showed he believed he was being controlled by shadowy entities from eastern Europe.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=4763699

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X