Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Finds Man Insane for Shooting Capitol Security Guard

Springfield, IL:
    A man named Derek Potts, 25, who shot and killed a capitol security guard, William Wozniak, 51, in 2004 was judged not guilty by reason of insanity. Examinations showed he believed he was being controlled by shadowy entities from eastern Europe.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=4763699
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

The Capitol Security personnel are being replaced with armed and sworn Capitol Police Officers. People said that the guards should be armed to protect the capitol building and themselves. So, it looks like they're being transitioned or terminated to make way for State Police.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      The Capitol Security personnel are being replaced with armed and sworn Capitol Police Officers. People said that the guards should be armed to protect the capitol building and themselves. So, it looks like they're being transitioned or terminated to make way for State Police.
      How do you know that he was unarmed?
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

The Capitol building doesn't have metal detectors, and the security guards are unarmed.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Tuesday that he would issue an executive order to install metal detectors as soon as possible and would consider other security upgrades, including arming the guards.
        I did some "google" work on some old info from the time of the attack.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ol-shoot_x.htm
        Last edited by SgtUSMC8541; 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM.
        www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          How do you know that he was unarmed?
          I remember the incident.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541
            I did some "google" work on some old info from the time of the attack.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ol-shoot_x.htm
            Poor guard.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              I remember the incident.
              Good memory.

Comment

What a waste. It looks like from the older article he was shot because he was unarmed, an easy target for someone who hates the likes of him.
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Indeed. Just about every state office building in Florida is contracted to one company, who provides an unarmed guard. They used to be in-house Capitol Police Officers, who have LE authority and are armed. Now, its a contract courtsey guard.

Comment

They still have capitol police in florida they are FDLE agents. Security officers are responsible for non LE duties.
                    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X