Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit While Riding Bicycle

Grapevine, TX:
    Jerry D. Kinsel, 52, was riding a bicycle to his place of assignment when he was hit by a car on State Hwy. 121. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/df...nnel=dfw_local
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Pedestrians

How many times have you been driving at night during a rain shower and you see some 'safety challenged' individual walking along the side of the road with dark clothing and no reflective gear? Not only do you have the glare from the headlights of oncoming cars, but also your own headlights are not as effective because of the wet road. If you accidentally hit them, it's your fault civilly, if not criminally.

I wish the police could issue some kind of infraction to people like that.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

That's sad. I used to ride a bike to work and back, since it was a "community policing" account, and it was close to home. At night and early morning.

I spent 150 bucks on a decent wal-mart special bike, outfitted it with proper lighting, and wore a bike patrol jacket over my regular uniform when riding.

Without proper lighting and reflective wear, I wouldn't ride at night.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I Think it's the "Ive never been hit by a car before, I dont see why it would happen today" mentality.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X