YouNewsTV™
    Most Popular
    RSS Feed
    Digg
    Del.icio.us
    By Syreeta Baker

Story Published: Sep 2, 2008 at 5:15 PM CDT

Story Updated: Sep 2, 2008 at 10:52 PM CDT

A father, brother, and a former track star are just three titles associated with Teddy Jackson.

Multimedia Watch The Video
    The 26-year-old, 2001 graduate from Manual High School was gunned down while working as a bouncer outside of the Rock Christian Club Center.

News 25's Syreeta Baker joins us with more on the death of Teddy Jackson and why family members are not asking themselves why him?

Just days before his death Teddy Jackson's mother says she found a notebook and written in Jackson's handwriting were the words Don't Ask Why.

The last thing he wrote was that day and I was going through his little booklet and it just popped up.

These words on the back of this shirt are Teddy Jackson's final written words...the date was August 28th.
    Just two days before his death.

"We mostly called him 'T' and one thing everybody remembers about 'T' was a big smile. 'T' did not like violence if he got mad you would never know it because if he was upset he would just give a big smile still," says Brenda Tubbs.

But violence took Jackson's life. Teddy was shot in the head outside of this teen club early Sunday morning.

"I feel sorry for the person that did it and I pray that they get Jesus in their life," says Teddy Cooper.

"I don't hold any grudges against this person because I don't know him.
    I'm sure it was an accident that he wasn't trying to shoot Teddy," says Margaret Cooper.

In Teddy's home now hang some of the awards and medals he received during his days as a track star at Manual; a positive image that makes his family proud.

"He's not just another young black man that got shot down in the streets; that he was young man that meant something and had a family," says Brenda Tubbs.

A family whose hearts are now heavy for a young man taken too soon.
    In Peoria,
    Syreeta Baker
    News 25.

Family members are planning a vigil for Teddy Jackson Senior at Manual High School on Friday evening.
    Jackson's Funeral is being held at Saint Paul Baptist Church on Saturday morning.

http://www.week.com/news/local/27784094.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Family Reacts to Teddy Jackson's Death
    Tools
    Save
    Print
    YouNewsTV™
    Most Popular
    RSS Feed
    Digg
    Del.icio.us
    By Syreeta Baker

Story Published: Sep 2, 2008 at 5:15 PM CDT

Story Updated: Sep 2, 2008 at 10:52 PM CDT

A father, brother, and a former track star are just three titles associated with Teddy Jackson.

Multimedia Watch The Video
    The 26-year-old, 2001 graduate from Manual High School was gunned down while working as a bouncer outside of the Rock Christian Club Center.

News 25's Syreeta Baker joins us with more on the death of Teddy Jackson and why family members are not asking themselves why him?

Just days before his death Teddy Jackson's mother says she found a notebook and written in Jackson's handwriting were the words Don't Ask Why.

The last thing he wrote was that day and I was going through his little booklet and it just popped up.

These words on the back of this shirt are Teddy Jackson's final written words...the date was August 28th.
    Just two days before his death.

"We mostly called him 'T' and one thing everybody remembers about 'T' was a big smile. 'T' did not like violence if he got mad you would never know it because if he was upset he would just give a big smile still," says Brenda Tubbs.

But violence took Jackson's life. Teddy was shot in the head outside of this teen club early Sunday morning.

"I feel sorry for the person that did it and I pray that they get Jesus in their life," says Teddy Cooper.

"I don't hold any grudges against this person because I don't know him.
    I'm sure it was an accident that he wasn't trying to shoot Teddy," says Margaret Cooper.

In Teddy's home now hang some of the awards and medals he received during his days as a track star at Manual; a positive image that makes his family proud.

"He's not just another young black man that got shot down in the streets; that he was young man that meant something and had a family," says Brenda Tubbs.

A family whose hearts are now heavy for a young man taken too soon.
    In Peoria,
    Syreeta Baker
    News 25.

Family members are planning a vigil for Teddy Jackson Senior at Manual High School on Friday evening.
    Jackson's Funeral is being held at Saint Paul Baptist Church on Saturday morning.

http://www.week.com/news/local/27784094.html
    So a guy just happens to have a gun out,at a night club, and "accidentally" shoots a security officer in the head. Wow this lady is really naive.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
      So a guy just happens to have a gun out,at a night club, and "accidentally" shoots a security officer in the head. Wow this lady is really naive.
      I was just about to say the same thing. I don't know how you can accidently shoot someone in the head like that.
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X