Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Assaulted at Ramada Inn

Newburgh, NY:
    A security guard was beaten by two individuals who tried to gain access to a side door at a Ramada Inn where actor George Clooney was staying. The guard was hospitalized and received 10 stitches to his face for injuries. The two suspects are being held in the Orange County jail for second degree felony assault.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/.../26/brf408.htm
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

That's a little too close to home. Working security at a motel/hotel is always a risky assignment. You know people are 'carrying' and you may not have any back up. And if the 'guests' are not enough to worry about, there's always the hold-up possibility at the front desk. Thanks, but NO THANKS!
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      That's a little too close to home. Working security at a motel/hotel is always a risky assignment. You know people are 'carrying' and you may not have any back up. And if the 'guests' are not enough to worry about, there's always the hold-up possibility at the front desk. Thanks, but NO THANKS!
      To add insult to injury, they expect those people to pick up trash, mop floors, change lightbulbs, plunge toilets, and carry luggage and towels. The non-security duties are considered more important than the actual security duties by such an establishment. Worry about the pimps and crackheads later, you have towels to deliver. If you don't meet these demands, there is the door.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
        To add insult to injury, they expect those people to pick up trash, mop floors, change lightbulbs, plunge toilets, and carry luggage and towels. The non-security duties are considered more important than the actual security duties by such an establishment. Worry about the pimps and crackheads later, you have towels to deliver. If you don't meet these demands, there is the door.
        We had a contract like that. I worked it. First thing I did was bring in a copy of the contract. "Company shall provide the following services...."

I told the front desk clerk, who's mother was the General Manager: I am here to protect you, the guests, and the property, in that order. If you would like to attempt to add duties, you may have the person who signed this document as "Client Representative" submit in writing that they are adding "addiitonal duties," as outlined here, to my employer. Until then, I'll be patrolling in the Caprice. I'm on channel 1, call me if you need me, see you in 30 minutes.

By the time I was pulled out of that contract (The client wanted me to go to a problem account in one of their hotel systems), the front desk was using 10-codes on the radio, two of the three hotels were sold and the new owner's representative did a ride-along with me - then told my company to continue patrols, and the police recongized my authority over the entire island, even though it stopped at the property line.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X