Port Of Portland Security Guard Shot In Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Of Portland Security Guard Shot In Leg

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland police blocked off Port of Portland Terminal 4 after a security guard was shot Tuesday morning.

Police said they were called to the terminal on North Lombard Street at about 1:30 a.m.

When they arrived, officers found the guard with a non-life-threatening wound to the leg.

The security guard was on patrol and walking near a pier when the shot was fired.

The guard told police he was near his security booth when he heard a loud pop and then felt a burning sensation in his leg.

A Special Emergency Response Team used night vision to search the area Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, the Coast Guard and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office River Patrol secured the shoreline to the terminal.

Terminal 4 is a 280-acre facility that features seven ship berths.

Officers secured the scene, but were unable to locate the shooter. No suspect information has been released.

The Port restricted access to the terminal while police searched Tuesday morning.

http://www.kptv.com/news/15562479/detail.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Just a gut feeling but if you follow this one it will be determined that this is a self inflicted Stockholm type thing. I have seen scenarios similar to this before.
    Just don't feel right.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Ehhh... Maybe... If it IS self-inflicted, we'll probably hear about it soon enough... Portland PD doesn't care too much for security as it is, so I'm sure they'll be looking at this guy pretty closely... And I'm sure they probably checked his gun at the scene to see if he had fired any shots.
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Just a gut feeling but if you follow this one it will be determined that this is a self inflicted Stockholm type thing. I have seen scenarios similar to this before.
        Just don't feel right.
        Not sure how this deal will shake out, but, it's interesting that you mention this. At one point, one of the local U.S. Navy bases reverted their police officers to security guard status and removed their firearms (and, as I recall, a reduction in pay grade).

Within a short timeframe, one of the fixed post gate staffers was shot in a "drive-by". It was determined that he shot himself to attempt to push the issue of his perceived danger of the assignment and to get himself reinstated in sworn status with more of the little green rectangles that came with it. --K.
        Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X