• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Pepper Sprays Security Guard

Reported by: Sara Spangler
    Last Update: 3/11 11:09 am

Slideshow
    Man Pepper Sprays Security Guard Police in Baltimore County are looking for a man who sprayed a security officer with pepper spray and got away.

It all happened Monday afternoon around 4 p.m. at the Barnes and Noble in White Marsh.

The security officer approached a man who he believed was acting suspicious. When he approached the suspect, the man dropped everything he was carrying and ran away.

The officer eventually caught up with him. They two wrestled for a bit before the suspect sprayed the officer with pepper spray and broke away.

Witnesses in the store say they believe the man was armed

http://www.abc2news.com/mostpopular/...8-573a5892a29e
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Reported by: Sara Spangler
    Last Update: 3/11 11:09 am

Slideshow
    Man Pepper Sprays Security Guard Police in Baltimore County are looking for a man who sprayed a security officer with pepper spray and got away.

It all happened Monday afternoon around 4 p.m. at the Barnes and Noble in White Marsh.

The security officer approached a man who he believed was acting suspicious. When he approached the suspect, the man dropped everything he was carrying and ran away.The officer eventually caught up with him. They two wrestled for a bit before the suspect sprayed the officer with pepper spray and broke away.

Witnesses in the store say they believe the man was armed

http://www.abc2news.com/mostpopular/...8-573a5892a29e
    Hmn....

There must me more to this than meets the eye. I know that the media screws things up alot, but, this sounds wrong.

In what state does looking "suspicious" and dropping product constitute a right for a security officer to attempt to detain anybody.
    If all I had done was drop something and run away I think I might have pepper sprayed a security officer that was
    attempting to illegally detain me via force.

Like I said, there is something missing here

Justice_Hound
    LP Manager
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Justice_Hound View Post
      Hmn....

There must me more to this than meets the eye. I know that the media screws things up alot, but, this sounds wrong.

In what state does looking "suspicious" and dropping product constitute a right for a security officer to attempt to detain anybody.
      If all I had done was drop something and run away I think I might have pepper sprayed a security officer that was
      attempting to illegally detain me via force.

Like I said, there is something missing here

Justice_Hound
      LP Manager
      It's not illegal to be stupid or "suspcious" in GA either. If the guy did run off, after dropping all of the merchandise, that is where I would have been done with the incident.

Comment

In some states, concealment is enough for probable cause. Dropping the fruits of the crime does not negate the fact that a criminal act was committed, meaning that the arrest is still lawful.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I was under the impression the thief had to get past the cash registers with 'the produce' in order to prove an intent to "permanently deprive the owner of the goods"
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            I was under the impression the thief had to get past the cash registers with 'the produce' in order to prove an intent to "permanently deprive the owner of the goods"
            Again, it depends on the state.

In some states, concealment is evidence of intent to deprive. In others, you must pass all points of sale.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post

In some states, concealment is evidence of intent to deprive. In others, you must pass all points of sale.
              In GA, that is the law. But I personally would still not attempt to apprehend the subject if he was out of the store and had no merchandise in his possession. Get a good description of him and report it. Plus, Running makes me tired!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post

You need to edit your post. In some states, concealment is prima facie evidence of intent to deprive.

There is a difference.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X