Security Stabbed While Enroute to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Stabbed While Enroute to Work

This is why I don't roll the window down for people anymore.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Oh, I rolled my window down going or coming from work. I also had my hand on my .38, and since I'm left handed, it didn't look that suspicious.

Note to self: If someone hits your car, and there's a hysterical woman screaming "leave!" in your car, do not blindly stop to yell at the man for hitting your car.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It's sad that you have to be so careful when stopping to help someone. If I see someone flagging me down on a deserted road, the first thing that crosses my mind is that it could be a set-up for a carjacking, robbery, etc. Since this is a possibility, I will stop well before the scene and immediately back-up until I can safely turn around and head the other way. Then I will contact the police and let them know that someone MAY need help at whatever location they are at.

That's not what I want to do, but the world we live in is not always as it appears.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Whenever I have someone approach my car, I will only roll the window down a crack. This results in a suspect having to bring his arm further back to break it or stab at me, which in turn gives me more reaction time to drive the hell outta there.

I also know of a deputy who presses his gun to the door and if worst comes to worse he will fire through the door to hit the suspect.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

A couple years ago a guy was shot near here as he was changing a tire fora "female in distress". Turned out 2 male friends were hiding in the brush.

Another thing to do is do as PD does when stopped behind a vehicle..
          bright lights, park at angle, flashlight sweeping area, approach S..L..O..W..L..Y all the while LOOKING!

Comment

My point in not even rolling down the window is if I am in uniform anything I do brings liability to myself and to the company. I have no business getting involved with an incident away from my properties. If I am on the road, I call 911 if the person trying to wave me down really looks in trouble. I do not stop. Off property incidents can lead to unwanted lawsuits and claims.
            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
              I also know of a deputy who presses his gun to the door and if worst comes to worse he will fire through the door to hit the suspect.
              Hopefully, the deputy realizes that the guy approaching his window may be a tactic to distract him from seeing the guy approaching from the rear of the right side of the car. Sounds paranoid, but its happened before.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X