Witness Says Security Guard Was Killed in Weekend Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witness Says Security Guard Was Killed in Weekend Shooting

Memphis, TN - The owner of a Southeast Memphis restaurant says a security guard was shot and killed outside of his business.

The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m., Saturday, March 1, 2008, outside of a Mexican restaurant in the 4800 block of Cromwell.

The owner of the restaurant says his son was sitting in a car, outside of the business, when another car pulled up. He says three or four guys got out, and then broke the window of his son's car.

The restaurant owner says that is when a nearby security guard came to help and was shot and killed. He says the guard did not work at his restaurant and does not know where the victim was working.

Memphis police would only confirm there was a deadly shooting involving a security guard.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/most...5-60dc09d5c713
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

That is a real shame...

That's the one thing that worries me. I like to be one of those, I guess you could say proactive or...well just plain helpfull people. I have seen quite a few car acidents right infront of the Security gates that will end up blocking the entrance, even one involving an employee. I will go and help direct traffic at my property entrance or just make sure everyone is okay and call 911 on my cell till police can arrive only to be yelled at by management. I understand the reasons such as liability, but I hate just sitting back and watching something happen.

I'm always afraid I'm going to witness something off property and want to help and it will end up getting me into trouble. Damn my good natured conscience lol. I guess thats one of the reasons I want to do LE.

It's a shame that good intentions are so easily destroyed. My prayers go out to the families of those affected.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X