Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bpdblue
    replied
    I feel terribly bad for the guard, but what was he thinking, getting involved in this situation.

Armed criminals are not what a mall guard should EVER be engaging.

I hope the bad guys are caught, and severely punished.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Doubtful they were armed. The malls are NEVER going to get it. They need to arm their security.

Leave a comment:

• LDenton
    replied
    I don't know if the guards at the place is armed or not, sad story. i hope they catch them SOB's

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    started a topic Mall Security Guard Shot Six Times

Mall Security Guard Shot Six Times

Mall Security Guard Shot Six Times

POSTED: 5:06 pm EST January 17, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:47 pm EST January 17, 2008

ATLANTA -- Police are searching for three men they believe shot a security guard at a discount mall. Officers said the gunmen were trying to rob a UPS truck on Headland Drive in Southwest Atlanta Thursday afternoon.

Authorities said the entire incident at Greenbriar Marketplace Discount Mall was caught on surveillance tape. Three suspects pulled up in a silver, 4-door Toyota Camry and can be seen on the tape staking our their target before making a move.

"And then you see the driver get out and he makes movements around the car and you see him kind of disappear behind the back of the truck and then come back out," said mall employee Casey Nunn.

Authorities said the suspects tried to shoot the UPS driver but the bullets lodged in several UPS packages instead. The 28-year-old mall security guard attempted to stop the crime and was shot six times. He is listed in serious but stable condition.

"We don't know what the items were inside of the boxes right now. We're just trying to investigate and see what was going on, why they chose this particular truck or any items that were in there," said Officer James Polite with the Atlanta Police Department.

The suspects were able to escape in their car. Police are looking for the three suspects that were seen leaving the scene in a silver Toyota Camry with either Michigan or drive-out tags. You are asked to call Atlanta police if you have any information.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15077950/detail.html

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X