• Show
Clear All

• Guard fatally shot in Dallas parking lot

Man fatally shot in Dallas parking lot

10:44 PM CST on Sunday, January 6, 2008

By BOB GREENE / WFAA-TV

Phillip Washington Also Online

Bob Greene reports
    DALLAS - A man died hours after he was found shot Sunday morning in a parking lot off Central Expressway and Fitzhugh Avenue.

Phillip Washington, 50, was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, which was where he was pronounced dead around 7:30 a.m.

While Washington was wearing a guard uniform when he was found in the State Bank and Trust parking lot, police said they are still unsure if Washington was working as a guard at the time of the shooting.

Washington's family called his death senseless violence.

"He just loved people, people loved him," said Frederick Washington, Phillip's brother. "Man, he's going to be missed by all."

Washington said he and his brother were aware of the dangers that came along with his job.

"I always told him not to go the same way, watch his back all the time," he said. "And he usually had someone with him."

Police found Phillip after a passerby called them after spotting a body.

Police said they believe the incident started out as a robbery in the parking lot. Somewhere along the way, they said, things went wrong and Phillip was shot and killed.

"They didn't have to kill him, you know," Washington said. "They could have just got his money and left him."

Police are looking at surveillance video from Saturday night.

They said they believe the suspect took off in Phillip's truck, which is a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup with the license plate number 49Y-YH5.

Those with any possible information about the case are asked to call the Dallas Police Department.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....1892e8db.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Another senceless murder, by a brutal criminal.

This type of crime demands the death penalty, and yet the bleeding hearts out there will say the criminal was a tortured child, most likely not breastfed, and so we should take pity on him / her.

Or that the death penalty is too painful.

Well it's my belief that there is no such thing as too much pain for this type of criminal, and that they should get the death penalty (yes, only once they have POSITIVELY been found to have been the one (or more than one) who committed the crime), and the criminal should be so happy to get the drug cocktail to put them to sleep forever.

I like the gas chamber for these criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
      Another senceless murder, by a brutal criminal.

This type of crime demands the death penalty, and yet the bleeding hearts out there will say the criminal was a tortured child, most likely not breastfed, and so we should take pity on him / her.

Or that the death penalty is too painful.

Well it's my belief that there is no such thing as too much pain for this type of criminal, and that they should get the death penalty (yes, only once they have POSITIVELY been found to have been the one (or more than one) who committed the crime), and the criminal should be so happy to get the drug cocktail to put them to sleep forever.

I like the gas chamber for these criminals.
      bpdblue, my method for dealing with these people would be life in prison isolated from human intervention that means, no TV, radio, newspapers, books or letters of any kind. The person is watched on CCTV 24/7, meals are placed on a tray and the slot closed. If he tries to harm themselves, they are prevented from doing so. There would be no out of your cell for physical exercise. The cells would be big enough for a comode and bed. Once a week they would receive a shower whether they needed it or not. Every six months they would be subject to a physical and dental exam to keep them in good health as they rot in that cell. Why a small cell? How big is a coffin? Why give them more space than they need?
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

...and the weekly shower would be administered via fire hose. ...and the lights would never, ever, ever go out. (Think Al Pacino in "Insomnia".)
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          ...and the weekly shower would be administered via fire hose. ...and the lights would never, ever, ever go out. (Think Al Pacino in "Insomnia".)
          SecTrainer that is exactly what I meant, lights on at all times. Brighter in the day and dimmer at night. These things have no respect for life and therefore my intent would be to make they appreciate life by very harsh but somewhat humane lifetime incarceration. Needless to say, my visions of what should happen to the worst of the worst would not fly because it might be adjudged as cruel and unusual punishment.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Bill, and SecTrainer, I accept your ideas on this issue, when can we start.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
              Bill, and SecTrainer, I accept your ideas on this issue, when can we start.
              bpdblue, yesterday could not have been too soon for the three us.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Mr. Washington was a Constable. He retired and started his Courier/Guard

business. He was killed while depositing money from several night clubs.

These clubs put up about $ 20~25 K reward for the capture of the suspects.

3 suspects were seen on the bank's security camera.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X