Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA security guard attacked by 3 men

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CHA security guard attacked by 3 men

    Three men attacked a security guard and stole his gun Friday night in the lobby of a Chicago Housing Authority building on the city's West Side, police said.

    The guard was patrolling a high-rise building in the 1500 block of 14th Place in the city's ABLA Homes complex about 6:30 p.m. when he was attacked, Monroe District Capt. John Kenny said.

    Kenny said the guard, who works for a private security firm hired by the CHA, may have been attacked because he had prior run-ins with at least one of his assailants. No money was taken.




    Police surrounded the complex, recovered the weapon and arrested one of the suspects shortly after the attack, Kenny said. The other two suspects were at large Friday night. The guard suffered bruises but did not require hospitalization, he said.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7640173.story
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

  • #2
    This one sounds like a planned attack due to prior contacts.

    I've always felt that working in a known high crime housing area (if that's what this was) requires at least two guards (or police) together at all times.

    This type of situation goes on to add proof to my point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Guard Attacked at Abla Homes

      I would like to address the post about the Guard being attacked at CHA projects.


      On that night, I was solo. My partner was home with his wife having their 2nd Child. I layed low since I was by myself and the Main Security office could NOT be reached for an additional officer.
      At around 1815 that evening, I did a walk thru of the 1349 Building(1349 west 14th St) which is a 7 story low and mixed income building. After completing my round, went into the lobby area to check for persons sleeping in the basement stairwell. I found none. At this point the elevator opened on the ground floor and 2 male blacks,unknown to me,exited the elevator and left the lobby area. I then entered the elevator to find a 3rd male black subject by the name of Joe Satterfield(local drug dealer and POS) in the corner of the elevator wearing all black with a face covering. He immediately approached me and attempted to grab my duty weapon, A Beretta 40 cal,holstered on my left side. I defended against this by breaking Mr Satterfields arm backwards at the elbow. At this point I was grabbed from behind by two unknown subjects and taken to the floor. I tried at all costs to retain and protect my weapon as they were trying to unholster it. I banged the gun against the floor while one of the 2 unknowns were trying to get it out of my holster,breaking 3 fingers on that subjects hand. I was then piled on and my weapon taken from my holster and placed along side my head at the right temple. At this point Satterfield pulled back the hammer of my Beretta. In a last ditch effort to save myself from what I perceived as imminent death, I reached up to my personally owned Chicago Police zone Radio and transmitted a 10-1(immediate help needed) Satterfield and his henchmen fled north into the rowhouses behind McGill School(13th and Loomis)and proceeded north into the row houses. I gave immediate foot chase calling the location and description and name of the offender until I could physically no longer run. I collapsed in the field of the McGill school. Several HUNDRED Chicago police officers converged on the scene,surrounded the area and took Joe Satterfield into custody. My weapon was recovered UNFIRED in a dumpster around 1370 West 13th Street.
      I identified (in a police line up )Satterfield as the man who attempted to kill me and the one who stole my weapon. Satterfield was,at trial. found guilty and sentenced to 4 years in Prison,1.5 of which he actually served and was on parole from this crime when he was AGAIN arrested at 14th and Loomis selling drugs out of the same lobby area that he attempted to kill me in.
      I sustained bruised ribs from the kicking done to me and minor bruises on my forehead where they pushed my face into the concrete.
      My Weapon has since been returned to me by Chicago Police and I am currently assigned to Evergreen Terrace(low income housing) located in the 018th District in Chicago where I have made multiple gun and drug arrests as well as assisted the Area Three Gang Team in capturing a subject wanted on a homicide warrant. I worked for 5 years as a Security Officer in the Lathrop Homes CHA housing where along with the 019 District Gang unit arrested over 503 subjects which resulted in 493 convictions.
      Currently, I have been called to testify against Joe Satterfield once again in his most recent drug arrest and parole violation by the Cook county States Attorneys Office and fully plan on testifying against Mr Sattterfield.

      Long story short.....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.THEY ARE SAVAGES..


      Cort D Chubko
      Star # 45101
      Chicago Illinois.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Project Dog View Post
        I would like to address the post about the Guard being attacked at CHA projects.


        On that night, I was solo. My partner was home with his wife having their 2nd Child. I layed low since I was by myself and the Main Security office could NOT be reached for an additional officer.
        At around 1815 that evening, I did a walk thru of the 1349 Building(1349 west 14th St) which is a 7 story low and mixed income building. After completing my round, went into the lobby area to check for persons sleeping in the basement stairwell. I found none. At this point the elevator opened on the ground floor and 2 male blacks,unknown to me,exited the elevator and left the lobby area. I then entered the elevator to find a 3rd male black subject by the name of Joe Satterfield(local drug dealer and POS) in the corner of the elevator wearing all black with a face covering. He immediately approached me and attempted to grab my duty weapon, A Beretta 40 cal,holstered on my left side. I defended against this by breaking Mr Satterfields arm backwards at the elbow. At this point I was grabbed from behind by two unknown subjects and taken to the floor. I tried at all costs to retain and protect my weapon as they were trying to unholster it. I banged the gun against the floor while one of the 2 unknowns were trying to get it out of my holster,breaking 3 fingers on that subjects hand. I was then piled on and my weapon taken from my holster and placed along side my head at the right temple. At this point Satterfield pulled back the hammer of my Beretta. In a last ditch effort to save myself from what I perceived as imminent death, I reached up to my personally owned Chicago Police zone Radio and transmitted a 10-1(immediate help needed) Satterfield and his henchmen fled north into the rowhouses behind McGill School(13th and Loomis)and proceeded north into the row houses. I gave immediate foot chase calling the location and description and name of the offender until I could physically no longer run. I collapsed in the field of the McGill school. Several HUNDRED Chicago police officers converged on the scene,surrounded the area and took Joe Satterfield into custody. My weapon was recovered UNFIRED in a dumpster around 1370 West 13th Street.
        I identified (in a police line up )Satterfield as the man who attempted to kill me and the one who stole my weapon. Satterfield was,at trial. found guilty and sentenced to 4 years in Prison,1.5 of which he actually served and was on parole from this crime when he was AGAIN arrested at 14th and Loomis selling drugs out of the same lobby area that he attempted to kill me in.
        I sustained bruised ribs from the kicking done to me and minor bruises on my forehead where they pushed my face into the concrete.
        My Weapon has since been returned to me by Chicago Police and I am currently assigned to Evergreen Terrace(low income housing) located in the 018th District in Chicago where I have made multiple gun and drug arrests as well as assisted the Area Three Gang Team in capturing a subject wanted on a homicide warrant. I worked for 5 years as a Security Officer in the Lathrop Homes CHA housing where along with the 019 District Gang unit arrested over 503 subjects which resulted in 493 convictions.
        Currently, I have been called to testify against Joe Satterfield once again in his most recent drug arrest and parole violation by the Cook county States Attorneys Office and fully plan on testifying against Mr Sattterfield.

        Long story short.....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.THEY ARE SAVAGES..


        Cort D Chubko
        Star # 45101
        Chicago Illinois.
        Now assumeing you are who you say you are I'm glad to hear your attack wasn't worse and that you could identify the mutts that attacked ya.I worked houseing for a bit and don't miss it. Stay sharp, and stay safe guy.
        Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

        THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

        Comment


        • #5
          yes Sir, I am

          I am who i say I am.

          my IDPR license is 129-045101
          Illinois Dept of Prof Regulation

          While that attack should have scared the hell out of me.(id be lying if I said it didnt) what it DID do is cause me to work harder in nailing those wastes of tax dollars. Yes it made me a little less sensitive to their plight. The best part is in court now where I can look this bastard dead in the eyes and see fear. The ultimate is when the judge asked how I knew Mr Satterfield and my reply was,"he was the guy that tried to KILL me in the projects"(with that vindictive little smile on my face. Apparently he(Satterfield) is facing up to 20 years in DOC for what he did while on parole.
          I have no love loss for this piece of ****.
          My only regret that day is that I didnt have a secondary gun.
          Trust and believe I do now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sounds like you have a good working relationship with CPD. Their response to your call for help was impressive. Glad you were able to retrieve your weapon.


            Originally posted by Project Dog View Post
            I would like to address the post about the Guard being attacked at CHA projects.


            On that night, I was solo. My partner was home with his wife having their 2nd Child. I layed low since I was by myself and the Main Security office could NOT be reached for an additional officer.
            At around 1815 that evening, I did a walk thru of the 1349 Building(1349 west 14th St) which is a 7 story low and mixed income building. After completing my round, went into the lobby area to check for persons sleeping in the basement stairwell. I found none. At this point the elevator opened on the ground floor and 2 male blacks,unknown to me,exited the elevator and left the lobby area. I then entered the elevator to find a 3rd male black subject by the name of Joe Satterfield(local drug dealer and POS) in the corner of the elevator wearing all black with a face covering. He immediately approached me and attempted to grab my duty weapon, A Beretta 40 cal,holstered on my left side. I defended against this by breaking Mr Satterfields arm backwards at the elbow. At this point I was grabbed from behind by two unknown subjects and taken to the floor. I tried at all costs to retain and protect my weapon as they were trying to unholster it. I banged the gun against the floor while one of the 2 unknowns were trying to get it out of my holster,breaking 3 fingers on that subjects hand. I was then piled on and my weapon taken from my holster and placed along side my head at the right temple. At this point Satterfield pulled back the hammer of my Beretta. In a last ditch effort to save myself from what I perceived as imminent death, I reached up to my personally owned Chicago Police zone Radio and transmitted a 10-1(immediate help needed) Satterfield and his henchmen fled north into the rowhouses behind McGill School(13th and Loomis)and proceeded north into the row houses. I gave immediate foot chase calling the location and description and name of the offender until I could physically no longer run. I collapsed in the field of the McGill school. Several HUNDRED Chicago police officers converged on the scene,surrounded the area and took Joe Satterfield into custody. My weapon was recovered UNFIRED in a dumpster around 1370 West 13th Street.
            I identified (in a police line up )Satterfield as the man who attempted to kill me and the one who stole my weapon. Satterfield was,at trial. found guilty and sentenced to 4 years in Prison,1.5 of which he actually served and was on parole from this crime when he was AGAIN arrested at 14th and Loomis selling drugs out of the same lobby area that he attempted to kill me in.
            I sustained bruised ribs from the kicking done to me and minor bruises on my forehead where they pushed my face into the concrete.
            My Weapon has since been returned to me by Chicago Police and I am currently assigned to Evergreen Terrace(low income housing) located in the 018th District in Chicago where I have made multiple gun and drug arrests as well as assisted the Area Three Gang Team in capturing a subject wanted on a homicide warrant. I worked for 5 years as a Security Officer in the Lathrop Homes CHA housing where along with the 019 District Gang unit arrested over 503 subjects which resulted in 493 convictions.
            Currently, I have been called to testify against Joe Satterfield once again in his most recent drug arrest and parole violation by the Cook county States Attorneys Office and fully plan on testifying against Mr Sattterfield.

            Long story short.....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.THEY ARE SAVAGES..


            Cort D Chubko
            Star # 45101
            Chicago Illinois.
            ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think for people working in "high risk" places like that, the indigenous population's firm belief that they will be one of the first to die during an attack on the employee keeps the population in check.

              They know that you'll eventually die. What they don't know is if you'll kill them before you do, and most don't want to take that chance.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

              Comment


              • #8
                Its Over Due.

                First, I am not a crazed lunatic who cant find work anywhere but the jets.
                I happen to enjoy that type of work(so i guess I AM a little off hahaha)

                However,
                It isnt all the people in the jets that are swill only a handful. The ones that predicate on fear and intimidation. Those are the ones I go after. I personally take immense pride in making a hell hole safer for kids to play in and old people to walk the sidewalks without fear in.
                I am in no way a "bad ass" or " hardcore" as it may sound by this event. I am however a guy that will NOT back off or back down from these slugs. And I do have a decent relationship with the Chicago Police Department. They are a phenomenal group of people that care. There were over 150 Officers that responded to the scene that night which eventually led to the arrest and CONVICTION of Joe Satterfield. While maybe I shouldnt have gotten on the police band to call for help,had I not I wouldnt be here today. That was about the ONLY thing that raised a few eyebrows that night. (better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6)
                I have no desire to be Chicago police. I do desire to make my contribution to the fight against the low lifes in the jets however.
                Very few people can effectively work in Chicago Housing. Its rough dangerous work that WILL CHANGE YOU. But the reward (for me anyway) is walking in to the 019th District Station and feeling welcomed and part of the team. It makes all those nights crawling around in pee filled basements chasing gang bangers worth it. My guys and I did some real damage there in the jets. We made it safer. And not to brag but we (Me,Eric Taylor and Mike Stintson) became legendary. WE go back from time to time to see how bad it has gotten again. Word gets around that we are on the complex and for some reason it gets awfully quiet.
                I enjoyed putting 493 people away. I enjoyed being able to quiet things down. But in todays warm and fuzzy era of security and police work I am a dinosaur and a liability.
                But I gotta tell you....I had a hell of a fun time when the leash was off and I was hunting them down.

                Now,
                A thank you to all the CPD that came to my aid. While it is no where near the reward you deserve for that, I want you to know that your actions touched my soul and will never be forgotten.

                Still fighting hard on the East Side of 003.............


                45101

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  I think for people working in "high risk" places like that, the indigenous population's firm belief that they will be one of the first to die during an attack on the employee keeps the population in check.

                  They know that you'll eventually die. What they don't know is if you'll kill them before you do, and most don't want to take that chance.
                  Excellent summation, Nate.

                  P-Dog, you're right. It does take a certain set of character traits to work day after day in the 'holes. But there's a lot of personal satisfaction to be found as well (IF you survive ).

                  And excellent description of working down there in the 'holes. It's key to remember that not everyone living there is a knucklehead... hard to keep in mind sometimes, but a critical point.
                  Last edited by 5423; 04-04-2010, 11:12 AM.
                  "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Project Dog View Post
                    First, I am not a crazed lunatic who cant find work anywhere but the jets.
                    I happen to enjoy that type of work(so i guess I AM a little off hahaha)

                    However,
                    It isnt all the people in the jets that are swill only a handful. The ones that predicate on fear and intimidation. Those are the ones I go after. I personally take immense pride in making a hell hole safer for kids to play in and old people to walk the sidewalks without fear in.
                    I am in no way a "bad ass" or " hardcore" as it may sound by this event. I am however a guy that will NOT back off or back down from these slugs. And I do have a decent relationship with the Chicago Police Department. They are a phenomenal group of people that care. There were over 150 Officers that responded to the scene that night which eventually led to the arrest and CONVICTION of Joe Satterfield. While maybe I shouldnt have gotten on the police band to call for help,had I not I wouldnt be here today. That was about the ONLY thing that raised a few eyebrows that night. (better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6)
                    I have no desire to be Chicago police. I do desire to make my contribution to the fight against the low lifes in the jets however.
                    Very few people can effectively work in Chicago Housing. Its rough dangerous work that WILL CHANGE YOU. But the reward (for me anyway) is walking in to the 019th District Station and feeling welcomed and part of the team. It makes all those nights crawling around in pee filled basements chasing gang bangers worth it. My guys and I did some real damage there in the jets. We made it safer. And not to brag but we (Me,Eric Taylor and Mike Stintson) became legendary. WE go back from time to time to see how bad it has gotten again. Word gets around that we are on the complex and for some reason it gets awfully quiet.
                    I enjoyed putting 493 people away. I enjoyed being able to quiet things down. But in todays warm and fuzzy era of security and police work I am a dinosaur and a liability.
                    But I gotta tell you....I had a hell of a fun time when the leash was off and I was hunting them down.

                    Now,
                    A thank you to all the CPD that came to my aid. While it is no where near the reward you deserve for that, I want you to know that your actions touched my soul and will never be forgotten.

                    Still fighting hard on the East Side of 003.............


                    45101
                    I hope the lesson learned about the value of comm capability for security in high-crime communities will not be missed by the authorities in Chicago - whether it was "legal" or not in this specific situation. It certainly won't be the first time that the human race learned something valuable when someone went ahead and "broke the rules".

                    Although I agree with Nate that the fear of deadly force is valuable, I think it would be equally valuable if it became known by the slugs living in these high-risk communities that security officers are in direct radio contact with the police and are able to call a cop-storm down on their heads at the touch of a button. They see that happen a few times, and that's what I call a game-changer.

                    I also hope the lesson learned about making SURE that officers in this setting don't work alone - NEVER EVER, even if it means that the CEO himself has to climb into a uniform some dark night (which would probably only have to happen once) - also wasn't lost on the OP's superiors.
                    Last edited by SecTrainer; 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

                    "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

                    "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

                    "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                      if it became known by the slugs living in these high-risk communities that security officers are in direct radio contact with the police and are able to call a cop-storm down on their heads at the touch of a button. They see that happen a few times, and that's what I call a game-changer.
                      I agree and disagree with this. I think it would only be a minor game changer. People know that cops can call for a tremendous amount of backup when it's needed, and yet still people choose to argue with, fight with, shoot at, etc... police officers. People knowing you have direct radio contact with the police may help deter some minor problems, but a lot of people who you deal with in these communities have been in and out of the system so many times, they simply do not care if 1 cop will show up in an hour or 100 cops will show up in a second.
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Working Alone



                        I concur that working solo is a Suicide Mission most times or a "hide and get paid" mission.But Im one of those hard headed bastards from the old school.
                        I did work the Lathrop Homes (927 Units and over 2000 residents) solo for nearly 4 years because those assigned with me were scared to roll how I rolled. Any hoo,
                        In the Abla Homes, Security was provided by National Security Agency Inc(note the immediate reference to NSA here?) It was (found out later) a warm body company. Contact with the CEO was next to impossible and the actual owner and licensee in Charge was actually in prison as the company operated on his license for several months before being CLOSED by IDPFR.

                        Now to address working solo:

                        I would NOT recommend do this unless:

                        a. You are physically able to fight off 3 or more people at a time
                        b. You carry AT LEAST 2 high caliber high capacity Semi automatics
                        c. You carry an "illegal" police radio.
                        d. You have an outstanding working relationship with the police in your area.
                        e. You fear nothing (aka slightly twisted)
                        f. You have the immediate grasp of how to tell the 'good' from the 'bad' residents.
                        g. You have family and CLOSE friends on the PD on the watch you are working.
                        h. You associate with those Officers that can fight thru a shyt storm untouched.


                        Yes it is dangerous to work alone. Very. Im living proof of that.
                        Unlike the current contractor there( which Im suing with the EEOC) I and my developed team and Chicago Police made a huge dent there.
                        I do truly miss that kind of work as for now Im farmed out to a retail store in the middle of the ghetto. The ONLY action Ive seen there is a 1) criminal trespass arrest
                        and on EAster a 'shots fired ' calll where the offenders ran into the Mall, and after I cleared the mall of customers, I took two offenders into custody at gunpoint and recovered a weapon. I for some reason LIKE that kind of work. I couldnt explain why to you if my life depended on it I just do. the hard part now is that Im a dinosaur and there are very few like me or Agencies that will take me on.
                        So I have to swallow my pride and ability and guard gym shoes in the Ghetto. Trust me when I tell you, I still have and can bring fire down on them but those opportunities are so far and few between anymore that Im seriously considering going on social security and hangin up the irons.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Project Dog View Post

                          I concur that working solo is a Suicide Mission most times or a "hide and get paid" mission.But Im one of those hard headed bastards from the old school.
                          I did work the Lathrop Homes (927 Units and over 2000 residents) solo for nearly 4 years because those assigned with me were scared to roll how I rolled. Any hoo,
                          In the Abla Homes, Security was provided by National Security Agency Inc(note the immediate reference to NSA here?) It was (found out later) a warm body company. Contact with the CEO was next to impossible and the actual owner and licensee in Charge was actually in prison as the company operated on his license for several months before being CLOSED by IDPFR.

                          Now to address working solo:

                          I would NOT recommend do this unless:

                          a. You are physically able to fight off 3 or more people at a time
                          b. You carry AT LEAST 2 high caliber high capacity Semi automatics
                          c. You carry an "illegal" police radio.
                          d. You have an outstanding working relationship with the police in your area.
                          e. You fear nothing (aka slightly twisted)
                          f. You have the immediate grasp of how to tell the 'good' from the 'bad' residents.
                          g. You have family and CLOSE friends on the PD on the watch you are working.
                          h. You associate with those Officers that can fight thru a shyt storm untouched.


                          Yes it is dangerous to work alone. Very. Im living proof of that.
                          Unlike the current contractor there( which Im suing with the EEOC) I and my developed team and Chicago Police made a huge dent there.
                          I do truly miss that kind of work as for now Im farmed out to a retail store in the middle of the ghetto. The ONLY action Ive seen there is a 1) criminal trespass arrest
                          and on EAster a 'shots fired ' calll where the offenders ran into the Mall, and after I cleared the mall of customers, I took two offenders into custody at gunpoint and recovered a weapon. I for some reason LIKE that kind of work. I couldnt explain why to you if my life depended on it I just do. the hard part now is that Im a dinosaur and there are very few like me or Agencies that will take me on.
                          So I have to swallow my pride and ability and guard gym shoes in the Ghetto. Trust me when I tell you, I still have and can bring fire down on them but those opportunities are so far and few between anymore that Im seriously considering going on social security and hangin up the irons.
                          Are you a Chicago "special police officer"?
                          "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I forgot what they call them, but I'm wondering that too. I've seen a lot of them in the past roaming around the Metra Hub, their badges were nearly identical to CPD and they were plain clothes.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

                            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thank you guys

                              I want to say thanks for the support on my being attacked. Ive healed and am back in the game.Have been for some time.
                              Of all the urine soaked basements I ran thru to get the crack head with the gun,or the dope or the warrant, or the times I had to empty a can of OC onto one of them,or the times I had to fight 2 or three at a a time,the most SATISFYING moment out of all of that was when the Judge looked down,directly at the offender and uttered this word............"GUILTY"

                              Kinda makes it all worth it.
                              Thank you for your support and please be safe in what YOU do as well.
                              Glad to know there are more than Warm Body Guards on this forum.

                              "We came,we saw,we kicked their asses...and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the dust settled and the smoke cleared............PEACE RESTORED."

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X