Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Fined After Security Killed in Workplace Accident

Grand Rapids, MI:
    The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration is fining the managing company of a facility where James Avink, 26, of Wyoming was killed by a falling garage door while working security at the location for the amount of $2,500. The accident supposedly happened on December 17, 2005.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...75955&nav=0Rce

($2,500. Wow. Big consolation. )
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Grand Rapids, MI:
    The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration is fining the managing company of a facility where James Avink, 26, of Wyoming was killed by a falling garage door while working security at the location for the amount of $2,500. The accident supposedly happened on December 17, 2005.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...75955&nav=0Rce

($2,500. Wow. Big consolation. )

Incredible. Especially since OSHA will fine you an exorbarant amount of money, shut the job site down, and post an inspector on a port-a-potty if it runs out of TP and is reported.

My brother-in-law loved to do that. He had OSHA on speed dial. He was a subcontractor by trade, a drywaller. If the GC was a jerk, he'd call OSHA and watch the facility be ground to a halt.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

$2,500 is less coverage than an AD&D insurance claim for a severed pinkie fingertip, which is somewhere around the tune of $7,800. That amount is worth less than a fingertip, much less a life.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X