No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart security guards in San Jose stabbed after stabbing alleged shoplifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart security guards in San Jose stabbed after stabbing alleged shoplifter

Wal-Mart security guards in San Jose stabbed after stabbing alleged shoplifter
    By Sandra Gonzales
    Mercury News
    Article Launched: 12/17/2007 10:40:06 PM PST

Two security guards at the Wal-Mart on Story Road were stabbed tonight after they stopped a shoplifter, San Jose police said.
    Both security guards, 39, and 26, were taken to a local hospital where they being treated for non-life-threatening wounds.

Officer Enrique Garcia said that the shoplifter immediately began stabbing the guards with a boxcutter after they approached him around 8:30 p.m. at the Walmart Store at 777 Story Road near Kelley Park.

No other details were released. The suspect, Kenneth Chapman, 47, of San Francisco was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, robbery and a violation of parole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contact Sandra Gonzales at [email protected] or (408) 920-5778.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

RePrintPrint Email Return to Top

Comments
    The Mercury News is pleased to let readers post comments about an article at the end of the article. Please increase the credibility of your post by including your full name and city when commenting.
    NOTE: Links are not permitted in article comments

Recent Comments

"Wal-Mart security guards in San Jose stabbed after stabbing...
    Not to pick nits, but can one really 'stab' with a box cutter?...
    They give em spell check, but they can't make 'em think...They...
    Ooohhh....that headline is so libelous. I wouldn't be surprised if...
    OK The MERKY News has doen it again. There is NO information in...
    ┬╗Read More
    Post Your Comment

Name:

Sorry, no items are currently available.

http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci...nclick_check=1
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

The article starts off with the story that the guards stabbed the suspect, then they got stabbed. I hope that's not correct, or they are in big trouble.

I prefer to hope the news reporter got it wrong, as they often do, and that the guards got stabbed while trying to apprehend the bad guy.

I therefore state I hope the guards get well soon, and to give the guards a Big thumbs up for a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
      The article starts off with the story that the guards stabbed the suspect, then they got stabbed. I hope that's not correct, or they are in big trouble.

I prefer to hope the news reporter got it wrong, as they often do, and that the guards got stabbed while trying to apprehend the bad guy.

I therefore state I hope the guards get well soon, and to give the guards a Big thumbs up for a job well done.
      I'm not sure what your point is here, bpdblue. Don't you routinely stab most people you talk to? I certainly do. "Take that, you summabitch!" is such a much more interesting way to open a conversation instead of the same old tired "Hello", don't you think?
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-19-2007, 09:56 PM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

SecTrainer, Hmmmmmmm, let me see.

Well now, I may have to rethink my position on this one.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X