Security Guard Killed In Tamarac Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guard Killed In Tamarac Crash

TAMARAC, Fla. -- A security guard was killed on Friday morning when his car crashed into a plumbing truck as it was making a U-turn in Tamarac.

Reports said Marco Brown was heading east bound on Commercial Boulevard when he decided to make a U-turn. But when he turned into the westbound lanes, he pulled out in front of Thomas Costello's car.

Seventy-year-old Costello was pronounced dead at the scene. His body was trapped inside the car.

Broward Sheriff's Office said Costello was returning home from working the overnight shift as a security guard in the Boca Raton area.

Police said Brown could face serious charges

http://www.nbc6.net/news/14801184/detail.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Questions For UPF

Hey UPF,

First off, Love the quote. How true...................... I have had such a privilege. On any given down day, this gives me the necessary reality check.

Secondly, I once read somewhere that there is a national memorial day in the U.S for fallen security officers. Is this true??

Thirdly, I also once saw a web site which listed fallen S.O's from around the world, a rememberance site. Do you/have you heard of one??

Stay safe
    You are not defeated unless you believe you are -Fernando
    The world is full of willing people; some willing to work and the rest willing to let them - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Officer View Post
      Hey UPF,

First off, Love the quote. How true...................... I have had such a privilege. On any given down day, this gives me the necessary reality check.

Secondly, I once read somewhere that there is a national memorial day in the U.S for fallen security officers. Is this true??

Thirdly, I also once saw a web site which listed fallen S.O's from around the world, a rememberance site. Do you/have you heard of one??

Stay safe
      1. There is no official memorial day in the US for fallen security personnel. No national organization recognizes such a day. What you remember hearing about was probably November 8th, which is designated Security Officer's Memorial Day by nobody in particular (me, actually.)

2. There are several. Unfortunately, most of them are simply collections of newspaper clippings. Many times, the "memorial" is just someone copying in a newspaper story about a security guard being killed. No further information is given.

A project that I have been slowly, ever so slowly, working on is an "odmp for security." Several people here already know about it, but it is unfortunately not ready yet. That's one of the things that I'm working on today, actually.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Back to basics

First off, Mr Corbier, good luck with your project to honor security guards.

Secondly, it is absolutely clear, at least in the USA, that more people will die in vehicular collisions, by far, than by any other method.

I just bring this up, because having a firearm, wearing a bullet resistant vest, knowing kung-foo , ect., will have much less effect on your life being saved, then plain old driving a veh that's in good condition, safely, while wearing your seatbelt.

So, be safe out there while on the job, and while getting to and from that job.

Comment

If people wonder how likely you are to die on duty from an auto accident, take a stroll over to ODMP.org. Half the list is auto accidents for recent LODDs.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            1. There is no official memorial day in the US for fallen security personnel. No national organization recognizes such a day. What you remember hearing about was probably November 8th, which is designated Security Officer's Memorial Day by nobody in particular (me, actually.)

2. There are several. Unfortunately, most of them are simply collections of newspaper clippings. Many times, the "memorial" is just someone copying in a newspaper story about a security guard being killed. No further information is given.

A project that I have been slowly, ever so slowly, working on is an "odmp for security." Several people here already know about it, but it is unfortunately not ready yet. That's one of the things that I'm working on today, actually.
            Thank You for your reply Colonel. I will also use 11/8 until further notice.
            You are not defeated unless you believe you are -Fernando
            The world is full of willing people; some willing to work and the rest willing to let them - Robert Frost

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X