South African Security Wounded After Shootout with Robbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African Security Wounded After Shootout with Robbers

According to this article, a security guard and two other members of the public were critically wounded after a shootout with armed robbers in Johannesburg.

http://www.sabcnews.com/south_africa...120803,00.html
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    According to this article, a security guard and two other members of the public were critically wounded after a shootout with armed robbers in Johannesburg.

http://www.sabcnews.com/south_africa...120803,00.html
    From what I've heard about South Africa, they don't have "security guards." They have private armies. And they need them.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

South Africa is probably one of the most developed African countries because of the strong British presence there. Its not all like Black Hawk Down
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
        South Africa is probably one of the most developed African countries because of the strong British presence there. Its not all like Black Hawk Down
        Maybe not but the continent does have a recent violent history.
        There was a program on TLC, Discover, History or one of the others about the SA national police and their elite violent crime unit. It looked and operated much like any SpecOp CT unit I have seen (at least in the older days).
        True it has been awhile since I hve been in Africa but when I as there I was driver/BG for the ships CO and I was ordered to always be armed.
        The availibility of weapons (REAL assault weapons AK-47s and 74's) left over from their civil war as well as from other tribal conflicts mean a small scale "black hawk down" robbery is a possibility.

Comment

Its not like Black Hawk Down, as described to me. Its more like idiots roaming around with heavy weapons, wanting to kidnap and steal.

Remember, armored car companies took severe beatings down there from armed robbers. So do the wealthy.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X