No announcement yet.

Westlake security guard decked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another reason why I think I'm spoiled at my department. We are cert'ed in PPCT, Verbal Judo, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, ASP Baton, CPR, and AED.

Then again we also get swung at, at least, once a day.
    Last edited by JSam21; 09-10-2007, 08:45 AM. Reason: finishing my thought
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

You also have police powers, don't you? It would be negligent (to the point someone could own the company through suit) to put private "security police" on the street without training consummate to public law enforcement officers, since the state invests police authority in the security personnel.

Most firms do not have any additional powers (or responsibility), and use this to their advantage. "My guards don't need any of that training, they're only there to observe and report, not become involved."
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

We aren't private police. But every security officer in the St. Louis Metro area has "The same powers as a police officer while on duty and in uniform".

The companies still have the right to restrict the powers an officer can actually use.
        "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Comment

But one of our other members says that you're a "de facto police officer," and have all the rights and duties of a police officer.

I'm confused now.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Only when on duty. We have no powers when not at work. Remember Kansas City might be different from St. Louis.

Comment

Even an O&R officer can use verbal judo. That is if he knows the proper use and deliverance of the pshaw.
              Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff194307 View Post
                Even an O&R officer can use verbal judo. That is if he knows the proper use and deliverance of the pshaw.
                The pshaw was the first thing I thought of when I first heard of verbal judo. I was hoping we would get to wear gi's in the class... no such luck

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
                  That's Seattle for you. At least one department in this (Metro King County) area now REPRIMANDS it's officers for using the incorrect terminology for racial identifiers. I.e., he's not a black male, he's an african-American male.
                  I personally am quite sick of crap like that. African-American? Asian-American? Mexican-American? I'm calling BS in a big way. As an example, I'm white. Plain and simple. I'm a honky, a cracker, whitebread, whatever. When did we stop just being plain, good ol' fashioned American? Ya' know, the Red, White and Blue? This world, this society we live in makes me sick. Everyone is trying to be soooo p.c., and it winds up making them sound like even bigger [email protected]@$$e$ then they already are. Sheesh.....
                  I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
                    I personally am quite sick of crap like that. African-American? Asian-American? Mexican-American? I'm calling BS in a big way. As an example, I'm white. Plain and simple. I'm a honky, a cracker, whitebread, whatever. When did we stop just being plain, good ol' fashioned American? Ya' know, the Red, White and Blue? This world, this society we live in makes me sick. Everyone is trying to be soooo p.c., and it winds up making them sound like even bigger [email protected]@$$e$ then they already are. Sheesh.....
                    Your right. They don't say white-American male. It's a white male. So it should be just a black male. Or hispanic male. How does anyone know if he's Mexican-American. He could be an illegal from El Salvador. Now we're not even looking for the right person at all. Otherwise, I demand to be called European-American. Or just call me a Polack.

You know, you would think they would get pissed, because it incinuates that whites are automatically American, but every one else isn't.
                    sigpic
                    Rocket Science
                    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X