Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S/G killed -near- warehouse complex by motor vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/G killed -near- warehouse complex by motor vehicle.

I have been to this place last year inquiring about part time work last holiday. It is a busy place. Three gates and lots of foot and vehicle traffic. But the main gate was approximately 75 to 100 feet away from the road. Also, the security there is a contract min wage outfit.

http://lakelandledger.com/apps/pbcs....601270380/1004

My question is. What made her go out onto the road? Was she advised to do it or was it required to maintain a clear and safe entry and exit onto the property she was posted too? Or did she do it on her own?
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Originally posted by Echos13
    I have been to this place last year inquiring about part time work last holiday. It is a busy place. Three gates and lots of foot and vehicle traffic. But the main gate was approximately 75 to 100 feet away from the road. Also, the security there is a contract min wage outfit.

http://lakelandledger.com/apps/pbcs....601270380/1004

My question is. What made her go out onto the road? Was she advised to do it or was it required to maintain a clear and safe entry and exit onto the property she was posted too? Or did she do it on her own?
    I can only speculate based on the limited information provided by the article. She was probably trying to be helpful. I may have done the same if my workload allowed it at the time. I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the lane closest to traffic though. What a tragedy
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

A true tragedy, I dont care who you are but when someone outhere is making an honest living or wannabe cops as they call it, at least you can say, At least I'm not pressuring kids into drugs, Im not breaking into a house and frightening someone. I'm just a security guard that will probably see the first hand of violence or an emergency. Its a true shame that someone like this lady has had her life ended this way. If this could happen to the people that disrupt our society, we would have a little more peace in this world and more honest and caring people. Be safe

Comment

Yes very unfortuante. Sometimes the simplist job duty can turn into a danger at a moments notice. I hope the company will put her selfless acts into consideration and make a concern for what ever family she had. But in Florida, I fear it will be very little.
        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

That's sad. You notice the newspaper didn't even mention she was a contract guard, merely a "Rooms to Go" security guard.

The company isn't even named.

I remember having to attend the funeral of a friend who worked for my previous employer. I was asked questions that I didn't even begin to comprehend the answers to, such as, "Isn't there some kind of death benefit for killed officers?"

Questions that you expect the family of a police officer to ask, not a security guard.

I didn't even know what to say.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X