X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guard Carjacked in Desert Hot Springs

Security Guard Carjacked in Desert Hot Springs

Aug 13, 2007 03:48 PM MDT

The rash of attacks on area security guards continued over the weekend with the beating and carjacking of a guard in Desert Hot Springs.

Authorities say it happened late Saturday night at the parking lot of the Time Warner Cable offices on Palm Drive.

Police say the men came up from behind the security guard, demanded he give up the keys to the car, pulled him from the car, and hit him over the head.

The suspects took off with the victim's wallet and vehicle.

The security guard says both suspects were black and possibly teenagers.

He says one was armed with a shotgun.

This is third significant incident involving a security guard in the past three months.

In June, a security guard was shot in Cathedral City while trying to break up a fight. In July, a guard for Bower Security was robbed and beaten to death near a construction site in Palm Springs.

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=6924492&nav=9qrx
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Sounds like the guard was sitting in his car like so many do.

If I am on a post like that, I orient the mirrors to be able to see around me, and move the car a lot. Keeps me awake, and its hard to sneak up on a moving vehicle.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

where is located desert hot spring

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X