Store security guard gets hit with bat, fights back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store security guard gets hit with bat, fights back

Roseville police say a recent shoplifting incident turned into a bloody fight between one of two suspects and a store security officer.

The loss prevention officer had detained a female shopper on suspicion of stealing items at Sears at the Galleria at Roseville at 9 p.m. Friday, said Dee Dee Gunther, a police spokeswoman.

As the officer questioned the woman just inside the store's front door, a man drove up in a sedan, rushed over to the officer and began striking him with an aluminum baseball bat, Gunther said.

The officer was hit on the head and arms but fought back and kneed the suspect in the face, giving him a bloody nose, Gunther said.

The two suspects then ran to the car and drove away, she said.

The officer was taken to a local hospital and treated for abrasions and back pain, she said.

Gunther said the suspects are still being sought. If caught, they face charges of robbery and conspiracy, she said. The male suspect also faces a charge of aggravated assault, she said.

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/313768.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I knew this officer, good guy with top apprehensions in the store. He returned to full duty with a bust his first day back.
    California Armed Security Guard
    http://www.casecurityofficer.org/

Comment

Too bad the LPO wasn't armed...then we'd only be looking for one of the perps.

...but what am I saying? "Armed security" protecting themselves from ADW?? Heavens to Murgatroyd, what a ridiculous idea! Everyone knows shoplifters are the most peaceable creatures on the planet. Why, all an LPO ever has to do is crook his little finger at them and they will follow him along to the security office, meek as little woolly lambies, bleating their confessions of guilt.

I think this story has to be one of those urban myths.
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 11-25-2007, 11:03 AM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

It would be nice if all GOOD CRIMINALS would turn themselves in when they have done something wrong.

Whoops, I got that wrong, it would be nice if all good citizens would turn in all their weapons, so only good criminals would have weapons when their doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
          It would be nice if all GOOD CRIMINALS would turn themselves in when they have done something wrong.

Whoops, I got that wrong, it would be nice if all good citizens would turn in all their weapons, so only good criminals would have weapons when their doing something wrong.
          My young friend you are closer to the truth than you might realize. There are some mental health professionals, I use that term loosely, who believe these poor creatures should be pitied and if society just lets them have what they want, all will be right with the world. Malarkey, better yet, jabberwocky!
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Hey we play baseball with those Aluminium bats over here- very light and very easy to swing and do some damage as well. Full credit goes to the bloke for fighting to protect himself from those 2 agressors. Hence why I don't agree with solo arrests (says the man who does them every month when he should be sitting in his office) of violent offenders.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
              My young friend you are closer to the truth than you might realize. There are some mental health professionals, I use that term loosely, who believe these poor creatures should be pitied and if society just lets them have what they want, all will be right with the world. Malarkey, better yet, jabberwocky!
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill
              Then let the mental health professionals becomes victims by these same people and see if they change their minds! It just goes show you that no matter hom much education a person may have. One can still be an idiot!

Be Safe,

Hank
              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

It just goes show you that no matter hom much education a person may have. One can still be an idiot!
                Lord knows this is sooooo true.....
                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X