• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police: Shoplifter fights security guard

Police: Shoplifter fights security guard

By RICHARD LIEBSON
    THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: August 7, 2007)
    WHITE PLAINS - A city woman who apparently thought she couldn't be arrested for stealing once she left the store was in fact charged with multiple misdemeanors yesterday after, police said, she fought with the Neiman Marcus security guard who caught her.

Jazmine Roberts, 19, "went into a rage, repeatedly yelling 'it's too late, I already left the store,' '' according to a police report of the incident, which took place shortly before 4 p.m. at Maple Avenue and Paulding Street.

Roberts, of 86 Dekalb Ave., was seen stealing a $251 pair of jeans at the store by the guard who, police said, followed her outside and apprehended her after a struggle during which Roberts allegedly pulled the guard's hair, bit her on the wrist and choked her. The guard, who was not identified, was not seriously injured.

Police said Roberts also had two tank tops that had been reported stolen earlier in the day from the Abercrombie & Fitch store in The Westchester mall, 125 Westchester Ave., and scissors believed to have been used to cut security tags from the stolen goods.

She was charged with third-degree assault, possession of burglar tools, petty larceny and fifth-degree possession of stolen property, all misdemeanors. Bail and court information were not available.

Reach Richard Liebson at [email protected] or 914-694-3534.

http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pb...WS02/708070423
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Jazmine Roberts, 19, "went into a rage, repeatedly yelling 'it's too late, I already left the store,'" [. . .]
    I love the logic of these amateur lawyer-criminals. Seriously, where did she ever get off thinking that?

[. . .]and scissors believed to have been used to cut security tags from the stolen goods.

She was charged with third-degree assault, possession of burglar tools, petty larceny and fifth-degree possession of stolen property, all misdemeanors. Bail and court information were not available.
    Misdemeanor theft with burglary tools involved? She should have been charged with a felony burglary, at least in my jurisdiction...

Comment

I love that! Everyone is a Lawyer....Hilarious.

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I wish they would make shoplifting a felony crime, I know for some dollar amounts it is. It seems most people think its a joke, and the courts seem to treat it like one too. No jail time in most cases.
        ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

When the increased penalty for Battery on a Licensed security Officer when into affect, we detained a large number of subjects. They simply never knew about the increased penalty. They threatened to sue us for detaining them. It was funny. Even local LE had no clue at first. Before that time, people rarely went to jail because the battery was a misdemeanor that had to be witnessed. And the bad guys knew that. To local LE, it became a case of "He said/She said". In cases involving unlawful touching, we had to direct file to the DA's Office. To make a long story short (I'm rambling on...), all of the bad guys are lawyers and you can't tell them anything.

Be safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
            When the increased penalty for Battery on a Licensed security Officer when into affect, we detained a large number of subjects. They simply never knew about the increased penalty. They threatened to sue us for detaining them. It was funny. Even local LE had no clue at first. Before that time, people rarely went to jail because the battery was a misdemeanor that had to be witnessed. And the bad guys knew that. To local LE, it became a case of "He said/She said". In cases involving unlawful touching, we had to direct file to the DA's Office. To make a long story short (I'm rambling on...), all of the bad guys are lawyers and you can't tell them anything.

Be safe,

Hank
            Actaully battery was a misd exception.
            "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X