Coal mine security guard attacked during copper theft, police say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coal mine security guard attacked during copper theft, police say

Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies are investigating an attack on a coal mine security guard.
    Security guards Lonnie Wayne Withrow, 21, of Ashford and Michael A. Wyatt, 48, of Charleston, were checking one of their buildings at the Speed Mining Company in the Slaughter's Creek area of Kanawha County about 4 a.m. Sunday when Withrow was attacked and struck in the head by suspects attempting to steal copper, Kanawha County Sheriff's Lt. Sean Crosier said in a news release.

Withrow defended himself by using a knife, and Wyatt was able to scare the suspects away by discharging a firearm, Crosier said.

Withrow suffered a laceration, but was not transported to the hospital, Crosier said.

Kanawha County Sheriff's canine unit responded and tracked the suspects to the main road on Slaughter's Creek, but they had already left.

Jason R. Nutter, 28, of Ashford later walked into Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital with a stab wound to the abdomen, Crosier said. Nutter is still in the hospital, but will be charged with entering without breaking and assault during the commission of a felony, Crosier said.

John Weslee Berry, 21, of Racine was apprehended a short time later and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle for the car he was driving. He was also charged with entering without breaking and assault during the commission of a felony, Crosier said.

http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/...ft-police-say/
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

These copper thieves are getting more violent. At least the guard was armed.
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X