Brinks truck guard robbed in East Naples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brinks truck guard robbed in East Naples

EAST NAPLES: A Brinks truck guard was robbed at the Wachovia branch at Radio Road and Airport-Pulling around 1 p.m. Wednesday, according to deputies.

Authorities say the guard was hit in the head by a suspect who then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.

The suspect fled in a newer model gray Mitsubishi and headed north on Airport-Pulling Road.

The man is described as Hispanic, about 30-years-old, 5'10" tall, 180-200 lbs. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt and tan work pants.

K-9 units and the sheriff's helicopter are being used to search for the suspect while bank customers say they are just wondering how this could have happened.

"It's kind of scary because I take a walk everyday and I couldn't do it today," said witness Lizzette Homar.

"It's scary because thank God I didn't have to deposit my check today. It's the first time I'm happy I'm not getting paid today," said customer Carlos Diaz.

Just a couple months ago, two men tried to rob a different Brinks security truck at the Wachovia Bank on Parkshore Drive.

The two men also got away in that case and in a get-away car. But Wednesday night, investigators are not saying if the cases could be related.

Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 780-TIPS or online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readar...d=12909&z=3&p=
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X