Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security guard shoots one of two attackers

11:26 PM CDT on Sunday, June 10, 2007

A security guard shot and wounded one of two attackers early Sunday morning during an altercation, according to a Dallas police report.

Oscar Lightner and George Abraham Palacios, both 26, were arrested and charged Sunday with aggravated assault of a public servant, Lt. Vernon Hale, a Dallas police spokesman, said in an e-mail.

The men followed the security guard, who police did not identify, to a gas station parking lot in Addison about 2:40 a.m., the police report said.

Both men began beating the security guard in the face and head before the guard shot Mr. Lightner in the stomach, the report said.

Injuries to Mr. Lightner and the guard were not life-threatening, police said.

Scott Goldstein

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....36749052.html
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    Injuries to Mr. Lightner and the guard were not life-threatening, police said.
    That's unfortunate.
    Anything that hits the fan,
    Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Contact View Post
      That's unfortunate.
      I agree!
      "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
      (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf View Post
        I agree!
        I presume you are talking about Mr Lightner, and not the guard.
        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I am familiar with this incident since it happened to a man I work with and I was working when it happened. The officer involved with this was released from the hospital later in the day after the night this happened. As far as I know, he has some deep bruising to his face and body, but nothing broken or anything like that. He was only able to get off one shot into the abdomen of a man who was on top of him inside the car beating his face.

The bad guys here were half his age and at twice his fitness level, very strong and fast, and very drunk and unreasonable. This flew in the face of reason since the officer has 25 years of experience and was always able to talk his way out of situations and had never fired a shot at a person.

He was actually trying to use avoidance to de-escalate the situation they started in the first place by driving away. They wanted him to go into a crowded night club where he did not work, did not have legal authorization or preparation to go into in the first place, and break up a fist fight inside. They were inflamed when told we can call the police, but not go inside. He left, but unfortunately, they followed him and decided to ram his car from behind. He pulled into a gas station parking lot and when he got out to look at the damage to his car, they rushed at him with full aggression and beat him. The negotiations at this point failed. Some people just can't be reasoned with. The only reason why he is alive now is because he was armed with a revolver.

They were able to flee the scene after the shot happened. Fortunately, due to good police work, nearby Farmers Branch police found the two and apprehended them in short order. The Dallas police were very supportive of the security officer's predicament. No cause was found to file charges on the security officer. A multitude of charges were filed on the young men who attacked him, maybe enough to award them 30+ years apiece in prison.

The officer is supposed to return to work on Wednesday night. I hope he makes it in ok.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

what is unfortunate is that sometimes people just wont listen until you have no choice but to inflict pain on them.
            Todd

Comment

I hope the Guard makes a full recovery. I also hope he gets the help he may need for the shooting. It's hard to recover from the first time you fire a weapon at someone.

1stwatch - Please tell the guard that we all wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney View Post
                I hope the Guard makes a full recovery. I also hope he gets the help he may need for the shooting. It's hard to recover from the first time you fire a weapon at someone.

1stwatch - Please tell the guard that we all wish him the best.
                yup please do send him our warm regards....
                Its not how we die that counts.....
                Its not how we lived that counts....
                all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Thank you for the support. It is refreshing to see.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Send him best wishes from the Barnes-Jewish Hospital Security Department.
                    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X