Beat guard, take liquor load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat guard, take liquor load

Three men attacked, knocked out and tied up a security guard and stole a trailer-load of booze from a downtown Bayonne yard Sunday night, police said yesterday.

The thugs, who may be armed, are still on the loose.
    Advertisement

Police Chief Robert Kubert said the incident happened between 8:30 and 10 p.m. at the Oak Lodge Holding Co., a wholesale distributor, on East Second Street.

Kubert said cops arriving at the business found the company guard, 63, bleeding from the head and face. He was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for treatment of a head cut and was later released.

Kubert said the guard told cops he was in his booth at the yard entrance when a trailer cab rolled up and the driver got out to ask directions to Jersey City. Suddenly, two other men appeared and the trio began beating him, took his cellular phone, bound his ankles and gagged him with a cloth, reports said.

Kubert said the guard told cops that one or two of his assailants appeared to be carrying handguns.

The intruders then apparently hooked up the cab to a company trailer loaded with cases of liquor and drove away, Kubert said. No value for the stolen trailer or its contents was available.

Kubert said the guard apparently blacked out for a while, then came to, freed himself and managed to contact his employer, who then called police.

RONALD LEIR

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/inde...370.xml&coll=3
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Notice something? He did what he was trained to do. Called his employer after being attacked. Not the police, not EMS, his employer.

Thankfully, they didn't kill him.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Notice something? He did what he was trained to do. Called his employer after being attacked. Not the police, not EMS, his employer.

Thankfully, they didn't kill him.
      Not sure I would agree with that. Since he was knocked out he may not actually know the real extent of his injuries. Internal bleeding, Clot on the brain etc. What good is his employer going to do him except take time away from the golden hour. And believe it or not some employers would tell him to hang tight until they arrived to access their possible liability in this situation so they can cover their companies ass. Also the company guys could contaminate the scene before the cops arrive.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying its good. I'm saying that the person followed their training, even when confronted with injury. I find it odd. Many employers hammer in, "Do not call the police, call us. We will decide if you need the police."
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Oh, I'm not saying its good. I'm saying that the person followed their training, even when confronted with injury. I find it odd. Many employers hammer in, "Do not call the police, call us. We will decide if you need the police."
          Nathan back in 1968 while working part-time for a guard service company, one of my postings was in a freight distribution facility.
          One night I noticed suspicious activity on a hill top looking down on the facility. I called the local police department, identified myself and said, "I believe I have company here." I had two city units and a county unit arrive within a minute. They found a cut chain link fence, quickly discarded coffee cups and "other tools" along with bolt cutters.
          I notified the company night supervisor. He came on the scene and after reviewing all the entries and talking with police he got me aside and excoriated me for not calling him first and then trying to confront those folks
          attempting to "bluff" them. I explained the immediacy of action and told him one guard does not take on an unknown number of people. A police officer who happened to enter the hallway for me to sign his report agreed with me.
          I was not assigned there again as the company told me it was "too hot" there for my safety.
          Three weeks later, when the normally assigned guard could not man the post, this same young supervisor filled the post. The robbers hit. He left behind a wife and two children.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

I'll have you know that I did not beat that officer....I asked him nicely for the liquor and he gave it to me with the promise to save him a bottle

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X