Security Guard Injured After Shoplifter Confrontation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guard Injured After Shoplifter Confrontation

Awali Khouroupra tried to stop a group of shoplifters at a store in Queens, but he is now in the hospital. A cashier saw a man and woman taking "armloads of clothing" from the racks of Pretty Girl and Khouroupra, a 52-year-old immigrant from Togo, ran after them.

The thieves got into a waiting van, but Khouroupra grabbed the van's door and held on. The Daily News says that the shoplifters "kicked at the African immigrant until he tumbled to the pavement less than a block away."

Khouroupra is in critical condition at Mary Immaculate Hospital. He has two children under 4 living in Togo. The police are looking for the suspects and their burgundy minivan. The store manager told the Post, "I'm feeling bad about Awali. I hope he makes it."

http://www.gothamist.com/2007/05/15/security_guard.php
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

There's a time when you need to stop. Grabbing onto moving vehicles is that time.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X