Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found this today... VA Campus Guard killed, wife wants answers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this today... VA Campus Guard killed, wife wants answers.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...4115&ran=32534

VIRGINIA BEACH - Members of the Virginia Wesleyan College community have long regarded their campus as a tree-shrouded oasis of tranquility in spite of its location near the population center of South Hampton Roads.

That changed Oct. 11 when Walter J. "Wally" Zakrzewski, one of the college's unarmed security guards, was killed by a knife-wielding attacker while making nighttime rounds on campus. It is the only homicide in the college's 41-year history.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Thanks Nathan. The retired chief didn't remember the 21-foot rule.
    Bill

Comment

The college where I work is also unarmed, fortunately we have never lost an officer. Having said that, it is my belief that unarmed security is not proper for any campus. How can anyone make the bean-counters see the light before a tradgedy such as this one happens at our campus? Our company and the school both are totally opposed to other than warm body tactics
      Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff194307
        The college where I work is also unarmed, fortunately we have never lost an officer. Having said that, it is my belief that unarmed security is not proper for any campus. How can anyone make the bean-counters see the light before a tradgedy such as this one happens at our campus? Our company and the school both are totally opposed to other than warm body tactics
        Jeff, hearken back to your USAF days. Before BG Coleman became the first Chief, Security Police, base commanders and legal officers made decisions as to who would be armed. A lot of unarmed gate guards and roving patrolmen were shot or severly beaten up. That is what it will take. Enlightened leadership.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill, AF15556595

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X