Lost a Co-Woker, from my company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a Co-Woker, from my company

According to my boss today, we lost a guard from our company last night, whom was on his way home, and hit and killed by a drunk driver, while in uniform. they released him name in the meeting, but im not sure if it has been released to the media, my bosses are going over to his wifes house to offer condolense, i would put the officers name here but im not sure if it is meant to be released as of yet. he worked out at the SLC airport. and had been with the company for 5 years.. and he would always tease that one day he would die in his company uniform...

.***** Taps *****

rest in peace brother!
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Our condolences, to his friends and colleagues and to his family.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I'm just a man, not representing anyone or anything, but you have my condolences. A good friend of mine and a fellow corporal at my agency (And Griff's later on) was killed several years ago, as I've noted on here, in an accidental shooting.

If you haven't been issued mourning bands, you can use a piece of electrical tape from "notification" till burial for a mourning band. The 30 day band wearing is traditionally for Line of Duty Deaths.

Ask your employer if they will provide mourning bands. Several companies will drop ship them overnight for free to any public or private agency who lost a member. If not, for whatever reason, make them aware of the electrical tape, as well as your co-workers.

It is my hope that in the questions, there are always many, that the relatives have, "what the company will do" doesn't come up, because the company usually doesn't know.

One of the hardest questions I was ever asked was by the father of a man I helped bury, afterwards, who asked, "Is there some kind of insurance or fund or something from the company?"

The answer, sadly, is no, in many cases. The company will, if you are lucky, provide a representative. A week later, they'll want their uniforms and duty gear back. Unless its LODD and the company must pay out, the family is usually on their own.

There's no legally mandated memorial fund or grant like public safety officers (Fire, EMS, Regularly Appointed and Reserve Police) under federal law. Some states are working on contract security guards to have a public safety payout fund, much like police, but only for those working government accounts and to be paid for by every company with a license. Much like asking if McDonalds will "do anything" when someone dies on the way home.

While its reality, its a shame.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.asp...&DeptID=226254

This is our local store, They will dropship overnight at thier expense for an order of 100 Mourning Bands. Not sure how many people in your company but thought I would throw that out there for you.

My family and I's condolences and prayers are with you.

Comment

A high-speed collision in West Valley City proved deadly when a Lexus raced through a red light at speeds up to 100 mph. The crash occurred about 10:40 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 2100 South. Witnesses say the Lexus was traveling west at 75 to 100 mph when it ignored a red light and smashed into the driver's side of a southbound truck on Bangerter Highway, according to West Valley City Police Lt. Phil Quinlan. The pickup driver, Chad Hayward, 69, died at the scene. The Lexus driver was treated for minor injuries and booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of automobile homicide.

http://www.sltrib.com/search/ci_5778166

heres the media link.....
          Its not how we die that counts.....
          Its not how we lived that counts....
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X