• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbers fire assault rifle, wound bank guard

http://www.al.com/news/press-registe...790.xml&coll=3
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Quote:

"Anytime you have a handgun against an automatic weapon, it's a foregone conclusion who will win. He's lucky just one bullet got him." Unquote

This is why I do not like armed (firearm) security at public banks.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      Quote:

"Anytime you have a handgun against an automatic weapon, it's a foregone conclusion who will win. He's lucky just one bullet got him." Unquote

This is why I do not like armed (firearm) security at public banks.
      I'd say that quote is inaccurate. The foregone conclusion belongs to whoever fires first and fires accurately.

I don't see what armed security has to do with it. Many bank robbers are armed and dangerous regardless of how much security the bank has. There's always a good chance that they'll have to shoot it out with law enforcement on their way out of the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy
        I'd say that quote is inaccurate. The foregone conclusion belongs to whoever fires first and fires accurately.

I don't see what armed security has to do with it. Many bank robbers are armed and dangerous regardless of how much security the bank has. There's always a good chance that they'll have to shoot it out with law enforcement on their way out of the bank.
        A search on this forum will reveal just about every possible pro/con regarding armed bank security. I will spare the senior members from having to rehash this issue again. Check it out.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I won't
          "Video from one of the cameras shows the handgun-wielding security guard dashing out of the path of the AK-47's fire and escaping through an interior door."

I wish I and many of my colleagues had a door to escape out of. But unfortunately that's seldom the case on static armed positions. When these guys enter the building they are a trigger pull away from turning you into Sushi.
          Whereas you have been standing in the same small area for months and will need to asses the action pull your gun, jack in a round aim and if your still alive fire as much as you can.

This may sound a little dramatic to anyone that has not done armed post but we all know the foregone conclusion will go to the bad guys. Check out the job description of armed security written by the federal Govt.
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
            Check out the job description of armed security written by the federal Govt.
            I dont remember it saying "jack a round and fire as much as you can before being turned into sushi"
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X