Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chucky
    replied
    When i lived in Fl Old Sparkey was increasing the states electric bill and there was a sign on every fast service store reminding all that if you hold up this store with a gun then the gun will mean a no plea extra year to your sentence.

Guess what the murder rate went up and so did the armed robberies. I don't think that the criminal mind allows for the consequences of it's owners action. Drug addicts only know what they need now.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    I wonder what the response time was. Unfortunately, these calls usually aren't treated with the same urgency as when a cop calls for backup...but they probably should be. You just never know.

Also, I wonder if the officer was armed. Traditionally, apartment/residential security is unarmed, but things are changing out there on the streets.

It's a little bit off-topic, I suppose, but one thing that I believe has complicated things is the rash of states that have "three-strikes" types of laws. With laws like these in place (and I understand the reason for them), there's a lot of guys out there that can't afford to get caught even doing a low-level felony that would otherwise get them a year or two in the slammer. They're looking at life, they're desperate when they're confronted, and, as in this case, THEY ARE ARMED.

In these situations, it isn't a matter of thinking "We just get low-level crimes - class C felonies at most - on this site...no need to arm the officers". It's a matter of realizing that there are people out there who feel they have no choice but to shoot their way out of a confrontation for any type of crime at all.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    started a topic Security Guard Killed After Calling 911

Security Guard Killed After Calling 911

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6224838

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X