• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Guard Killed After Calling 911

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6224838
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    I wonder what the response time was. Unfortunately, these calls usually aren't treated with the same urgency as when a cop calls for backup...but they probably should be. You just never know.

Also, I wonder if the officer was armed. Traditionally, apartment/residential security is unarmed, but things are changing out there on the streets.

It's a little bit off-topic, I suppose, but one thing that I believe has complicated things is the rash of states that have "three-strikes" types of laws. With laws like these in place (and I understand the reason for them), there's a lot of guys out there that can't afford to get caught even doing a low-level felony that would otherwise get them a year or two in the slammer. They're looking at life, they're desperate when they're confronted, and, as in this case, THEY ARE ARMED.

In these situations, it isn't a matter of thinking "We just get low-level crimes - class C felonies at most - on this site...no need to arm the officers". It's a matter of realizing that there are people out there who feel they have no choice but to shoot their way out of a confrontation for any type of crime at all.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

When i lived in Fl Old Sparkey was increasing the states electric bill and there was a sign on every fast service store reminding all that if you hold up this store with a gun then the gun will mean a no plea extra year to your sentence.

Guess what the murder rate went up and so did the armed robberies. I don't think that the criminal mind allows for the consequences of it's owners action. Drug addicts only know what they need now.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X