Security guard shot to death at trailer park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security guard shot to death at trailer park

A security guard at a FEMA trailer park was shot and killed early Monday morning, according to New Orleans Police.

WWL-TV

Police and federal agents were on the scene of the killing of a security guard at the FEMA trailer park on Elysian Fields.

Police spokesperson Sabrina Richardson said officers responded to a call of a man shot in the 2900 block of Elysian Fields and arrived on the scene to find a security guard shot in the face.

The victim has been identified as 52-year-old Mitch Pierce.

Richardson said two additional security guards were on duty at the time, but that one was at the back gate of the facility and another was in the bathroom and neither said they heard the shot.

Police shut down the exits to the trailer park and were going door to door to ask if anyone had seen or heard anything. Residents were later allowed to enter and leave the park.

"Its a senseless killing," said FEMA spokesman Ronnie Simpson. "We are going to do anything we can to help the NOPD in its investigative process."

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 822-1111.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/w....1f0cd6f4.html

Keep your eyes and ears open boys and girls, Stay Safe out there
    Last edited by wackenhut hickey; 03-05-2007, 07:50 PM.

I saw this one coming. CBS news did a special report about the growing problem of crime at these trailer parks. Many are coping with PTS and don't have any bright prospects for better housing. Hopelessness and bitterness breed crime. CBS mentioned that the contract security company renewed their contract because the park is expected to be there for some time. I remember thinking at the time that I wouldn't want to work security in a place like that. This just confirmed my viewpoint.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

A good friend of mine was working down there when this happened. He said it was the worst job he has ever had.

He told me that he did more there in two months than he did in 8 yrs with the sheriffs dept.

Also be careful with any companies in the area alot of them are rip offs.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
        A good friend of mine was working down there when this happened. He said it was the worst job he has ever had.

He told me that he did more there in two months than he did in 8 yrs with the sheriffs dept.

Also be careful with any companies in the area alot of them are rip offs.
        A lot of them are subs of subs of subs. FEMA contracts it out to a company that could never, ever, do the job at a huge fee. They sub it out to another, who subs it out a third and fourth time.

So, you get guards at 6 an hour who work for a company nobody's ever heard of. They were incorporated the week the contract was announced!
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          A lot of them are subs of subs of subs. FEMA contracts it out to a company that could never, ever, do the job at a huge fee. They sub it out to another, who subs it out a third and fourth time.

So, you get guards at 6 an hour who work for a company nobody's ever heard of. They were incorporated the week the contract was announced!
          Exactly right. Make sure you know someone who has worked there and recieved a paycheck before jumping on board.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X