Violent May 2018 for Security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violent May 2018 for Security

Memorial Day weekend saw a slew of violence against security across the country. Sadly, with the way 2018 has been going for mass shootings and crime in general, it may be a long, dangerous summer.

http://privateofficernews.org/extrem...vate-security/

There is no such thing as an "Off duty security guard". They aren't Police Officers who are sworn 24 hours a day and have status. Is there an Off Duty McDonalds Burger Flipper status? BarTender? Gas Station Attendant?

Security guards are citizens. They arent "off duty guards" not at work. If they get involved in an action when not at work, they don't yell "Off Duty Security guard!", if they do, then they are idiots...because they have NO STATUS.

That "publication" is using sensationalism to push an agrnda. It would be more professional for them to focus on the at work guards who are injured, instead of trying to create something that doesn't exist.

Comment

Agreed. I personally don't like the website and only check it occasionally. As far as "off duty" goes, I NEVER respond to anything out of uniform unless its "fire, flood or blood" and I'm with other security. If I see something going home from or coming to work I report it to the on duty shift and let them handle it.

The thing that I'm seeing this year (as we've discussed on other threads) is guards getting attacked over seemingly mundane stuff. Granted, we never get the details of incidents, but one guard got the stuffing beat out of him for simply asking a bunch of trespassers to shut down their pool party at an apartment complex.

At the very least I think clients and owners need to review their manpower on sites and adjust accordingly based on the neighborhood & crime history.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X