X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed S/O Killed at Texas Nightclub

Stay safe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kprc/20070122/lo_kprc/10811870

I must say that having an armed guard at a bar is just plain suicide for the guard. I think we all know the mentality or lack of from a drunk. Anything in a uniform is authority and a very potential target as was this poor guy.

IMO A bouncer should conceal his weapon and dress in a blend in sort of outfit. That way he has options. Confront or not. Plus depending on what they have him there for he could have the element of suprise.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky
      I must say that having an armed guard at a bar is just plain suicide for the guard.
      Not necessarily. The details from this story are way too sketchy to jump to any conclusions about how or why this happened.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I wonder if it was the guard's gun?
        I Know... New to that company, doesn't NECESSARILY make him a rookie.

But speaking from the perspective of someone who just went through CA state mandated firearm "training"... I don't think nearly enough was covered on protecting your firearm!

I have had to supplement SEVERAL hours of reading and training exercises, to become proficient in a lot of aspects I thought they were lacking on.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X