Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garda armored truck driver killed in crash privateofficer.com

Garda armored truck driver killed in crash privateofficer.com

Newbury Township OH Oct 12 2014 A Cleveland woman has died following a crash between a dump truck and an armored car Sept. 30 in Newbury Township.
    Bobbiejean Phillips, 25, who was driving the armored car, died at Hillcrest Hospital according to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogs...m_medium=email

I am not sure if the Garda vehicle was hit while making a left turn, but if it was I think UPS has a good system to avoid crashes that I think the security industry can borrow in some ways. UPS has software that will route all their trucks to make primarily only right turns and attempt to refrain from making left hand turns. They do this for two reasons:

1) You don't have to sit at a stop light except in a few cities (Like New York City) that do not allow right turns on red lights. (Time is money, sitting at an intersection is time wasted!)

2) The vehicle is more protected when taking a right turn and you have less to worry about (IE: Red light runners or driver error) than when making a left hand turn as you have to cross the entire intersection.

While I assume every time Garda or UPS get in a vehicle accident, it has the potential to lose a minimum of tens of thousands of dollars in vehicle damages and loss in product, not including any lawsuits that will probably come out of it. A security patrol company can use some of the same tactics to help reduce travel time and hopefully reduce accidents.

Comment

The article said she was speeding; I hope it wasn't to try to make up time on the route.
      One of the reasons I left armored car was at the co. I worked for you were supposed to make so many stops in a set amount of time, and they didn't give you a lot of time. If you went over the shift time you still got paid, but it was definitely points against you.

Comment

So sad, RIP

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X