July 2014 Security Injury Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2014 Security Injury Statistics

First off I apologize to all of you who have been waiting eagerly for the monthly post - Best Buy kidnapped my computer and I had to wait to get it back! Here's what I was able to find on the internet for the month of July:

34 incidents of S/O's being assaulted (at least 3 incidents involved multiple officers in one incident)

12 S/O's were assaulted with weapons (6 by knife, 2 by car, 3 by mace & 1 by taser)

2 S/O's were killed - both were murdered in the line of duty

5 incidents of attempted assault on S/O's with weapons (4 by knife & 1 by bottle)

2 incidents of S/O's shooting perpetrators

8 S/O's were shot

4 S/O's were shot at

14 incidents of S/O's being threatened with weapons (2 by knife/sharp object, 11 by gun & 1 with scissors)
    *** 1 of the gun incidents includes on duty SO being robbed of his weapon

Remember security isn't always an easy job and can be VERY dangerous! STAY SAFE!

Pretty much confirms what we've seen in recent weeks this summer - the whole world is going crazy. The edged weapon stats are a grim reminder that it isn't just guns we've got to worry about. (Its why my old supervisor used to pick up bottles in the alley & referred to it as 'weapons disposal.")

Keep your head up, your eyes open and listen to that voice in your head when it says, "Duck!"

Comment

Thanks for the comment CondoGuard - I was beginning to think no one ever really read these posts I put out!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X