Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2014 Security Statistics You All Have Been Waiting For!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2014 Security Statistics You All Have Been Waiting For!!!

This is only what I was able to find on the internet:

Assaulted: 20 (4 include multiple officers in 1 incident) (1 is a rape)
    Assaulted w/ weapon: 10 Knife: 2 Sharp Weapon: 2 Car: 4 Mace: 2
    Killed: 5 Murdered: 4
    Shot: 6
    Threatened with weapon: 12 knife/sharp object: 1 Gun: 7 Other: 4 (axe, hammer, screwdriver, stun gun)
    Security Shot Offenders: 8 Killed: 2

@ NY:
    Interesting stuff. Do you know of a site or study that breaks down incidents by region or type of security? For instance, working security in California or Florida definitely is more hazardous than other states. Nightclub security is by definition a high risk occupation; I'm curious what the risk ranking would be for say hospital S/O vs. Housing Project S/O, etc.

My suggestion would be to put the stories about actual injuries under that thread, rather than general discussions. (I'm not a mod, just an old timer.)

For all us, the numbers are a sober reminder that complacency isn't an option. The one time I was seriously injured on duty was not in some back alley in the big city, but at the so-called "quiet" suburban site I work at currently.

Comment

Yes, it belongs in the injury/line of death forum. Moved.....
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Condo - most of the daily articles I post I do it here, some I post in the general discussion section. I only do it because I'm trying to show that security isn't just guards - it's a darn dangerous job! From memory I'm going to say the two occupations with the most incidents is loss prevention and nightclub/bars.

I'm hoping everyone likes the posts/information and the monthly totals at the end - because I'm with you - It's a stark reminder of the dangers faced everyday by "you're nothing but a security guard".

Mike

Comment

Remember to wear your vests boys and girls *if you have them*. Only takes one knife or bullet and games over :/

Comment

Originally posted by WatnNY View Post
            Condo - most of the daily articles I post I do it here, some I post in the general discussion section. I only do it because I'm trying to show that security isn't just guards - it's a darn dangerous job! From memory I'm going to say the two occupations with the most incidents is loss prevention and nightclub/bars.

I'm hoping everyone likes the posts/information and the monthly totals at the end - because I'm with you - It's a stark reminder of the dangers faced everyday by "you're nothing but a security guard".

Mike
            Security guarding is a very diverse field. I would argue that in general it is not a dangerous job, though there are certain positions (like nightclubs and low-income housing) that are dangerous.

Of course, it also depends on your post orders and company policies. For example, arresting/detaining someone for something is far more dangerous than simply telling them to stop.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X