Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Beaten and Robbed for Wallet

Bradenton, FL:
    Larry Kight, a security guard riding a golf cart at a condominium park, was ambushed by robbers, dragged from the cart, beaten repeatedly, and his wallet was taken. The robbers did not say anything during the attack and the guard did not get a good look at them. Kight was treated at the local hospital for a cut over one eye and a possible broken jaw.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/609040334

It appears that observe and report did not work here.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

The guard probably did something (observed and reported) that annoyed or injured a group of teenagers or young adults. Its a frequent retalliation to attach and rob the security guard on the golf cart. After all, he's supposed to protect everyone, so he must suck if he can't protect himself.

I've seen people do really stupid things before. At a cash and run hotel we had, I heard someone say, "What would you do if I said this was a robbery, and to give me all the money? Think that security guard would save you?" on the radio. The front desk had keyed it because the guest was acting really weird.

The other two hotels called the police and I took up a position out of sight from the only entrance. As the guy walked out, he was in "WTF" mode because it was handled as a robbery in progress. First I had him, then the police had him. He was very agitated that his joke wasn't well recieved and that the "security guard" was going to blow holes in him if he moved.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
      Bradenton, FL:
      Larry Kight, a security guard riding a golf cart at a condominium park, was ambushed by robbers, dragged from the cart, beaten repeatedly, and his wallet was taken. The robbers did not say anything during the attack and the guard did not get a good look at them. Kight was treated at the local hospital for a cut over one eye and a possible broken jaw.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/609040334

It appears that observe and report did not work here.
      Where the robbers armed w/ guns? Who knows. If so, he could be dead instead of just injured if he had drawn his weapon (time permitting) in a gunfight with multiple subjects. Sometimes, appearances can be deceiving.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X