X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlateStacker
    replied
    Originally posted by SpecialAgentKC View Post
    Standard ballistic vests are not designed to stop bladed objects especially penetrating attacks. We're you really an LEO?!? Did you read the article? The subject immediately fled? I worked police and security details in that area prior to moving to Alaska. You cannot shoot someone in the back under those circumstances, it would have no longer qualified as self defense. I'm just glad the individual, a combat vet, lived to tell the tale and did so from what I read with much calm under pressure. Many people--if you didn't know--actually believed they've been punched after such a stabbing until they've discovered the blood themselves.... --K.
    I was just asking a question big guy, chill out!
    Did YOU not read MY post, about the inserts? I wear inserts designed for stab resistance. He must of just had a standard Ballistic vest on.
    And as far as shooting someone in the back, your right. Unless the suspect still had the knife out while running away, then he would be treating the lives of those around him. But I suppose it happened so fast, he didn't even have time to think. I could see it happening. This is why our field is so dangerous. Some people just don't understand.
    Last edited by PlateStacker; 08-02-2012, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    excellent post KC.

Leave a comment:

• SpecialAgentKC
    replied
    Originally posted by PlateStacker View Post
    1. Did his vest not stop the blade at all? Did he not have his inserts in?!
    2. Why did he not create distance and dispatch Subject were he stood?!

I'm really confused..
    Standard ballistic vests are not designed to stop bladed objects especially penetrating attacks. We're you really an LEO?!? Did you read the article? The subject immediately fled? I worked police and security details in that area prior to moving to Alaska. You cannot shoot someone in the back under those circumstances, it would have no longer qualified as self defense. I'm just glad the individual, a combat vet, lived to tell the tale and did so from what I read with much calm under pressure. Many people--if you didn't know--actually believed they've been punched after such a stabbing until they've discovered the blood themselves.... --K.

Leave a comment:

• PlateStacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    ...and the suspect wasn't even trying to rob the place. The S/O expects to be back to work in a month.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/B...164113096.html
    1. Did his vest not stop the blade at all? Did he not have his inserts in?!
    2. Why did he not create distance and dispatch Subject were he stood?!

I'm really confused..
    Last edited by PlateStacker; 07-28-2012, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    started a topic Seattle bank security officer stabbed

Seattle bank security officer stabbed

...and the suspect wasn't even trying to rob the place. The S/O expects to be back to work in a month.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/B...164113096.html

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X