off duty "security supervisor"/student gunned down by UCBerk cops after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off duty "security supervisor"/student gunned down by UCBerk cops after

being ordered to drop a gun seen earlier in his backpack.

http://www.californiabeat.org/2011/1...ol-of-business

I guess if you gotta gun where you ain't supposed to have one AND the cops draw and tell you to drop it....you better drop it.

I wonder if this was a "But what legal standing do you have to order me to....." BLAM, BLAM.....

like maybe as a 'security supervisor' he thought he had some clearance to carry.

News being news, he may have been a PPO with exposed permit "on patrol" and sort of legally allowed to pack(not sure how UC property regs affect that).

PS-yeah, I know this might not be "in line of duty".
    Last edited by Squid; 11-17-2011, 01:30 AM.

I read the article twice - hopefully those that were there can shed some more light on what exactly happened. ("Brandishing" is a broad term in some contexts.)

How do you know he worked security? The link article didn't mention it, only that he was a student. Very sad, in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      ... "Brandishing" is a broad term in some context..
      Excellent point, particularly since this incident was in CA.

For example, simply transporting an unloaded handgun on one's vehicle dashboard where it can be seen from outside the vehicle can (and has) constitute "brandishing", in CA.

It'll be interesting to see how this case develops over time.
      Last edited by 5423; 11-17-2011, 11:52 AM.
      "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

More has come out - The LA Times states he was on some websites where he stated his occupation as security. (The stub in the Seattle Times isn't worth the link.)

There appear to have been some mental issues. For the family I hope this doesn't turn into a smear job of the young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          More has come out - The LA Times states he was on some websites where he stated his occupation as security. (The stub in the Seattle Times isn't worth the link.)

There appear to have been some mental issues. For the family I hope this doesn't turn into a smear job of the young man.
          It appears AlliedBarton made a video before this incident clearly stating he attempted suicide in the past. If this video is real, why would a security company advertise this about their employees?
          sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post
            It appears AlliedBarton made a video before this incident clearly stating he attempted suicide in the past. If this video is real, why would a security company advertise this about their employees?
            Can you cite a source for that story? Or provide a link for the video?
            Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Local TV showed him with his security buddies.

not sure what company.

Comment

Originally posted by tanko View Post

Found the article.....http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2fb37135bc9b9e

It sounds like the video was part of the Dare to be great program, highlighting one of their employees showing what he was to what he has become. Im sure he consented at the time and somehow the media found out about it.
                Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X