X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIA this month (Aug.)

AUGUST

RICKY ALLEN 45 PANAMA CITY FLA AUGUST 1 2011
    Died from blunt force object at Panama City Marina.

UNKNOWN SECURITY OFFICER TAMPA FLA AUGUST 1 2011
    Shot to death at a nightclub.

UNKNOWN SECURITY OFFICER DETROIT MI AUGUST 5 2011
    Shot to death by patron ejected from club.

UNKNOWN SECURITY OFFICER MIAMI FLA AUGUST 5 2011
    Shot to death by patron ejected from club.

STANLY CURTAIN 61 JACKSOM MS AUGUST 9 2011
    Died of a heart attack during confrontation

JOEL RODRIGUEZ 45 OKLAHOMA CITY OKL AUGUST 12 2011
    Killed by gunfire at a nightclub.

GLENN GOODRICH 49 INDIANAPOLIS IN AUGUST 13 2011
    Died at Indiana State Fair when staging fell on top of him.

RAY DUATARTAS 49 GARLAND COUNTY ARKANSAS AUGUST 18 2011

ALVARO LOPEZ RAMOS 26 MIAMI FLA AUGUST 21 2011
    Shot-killed during a robbery
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." ~ Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.

Just another reminder hoe easy it is for us to clock in and not out on any given day. No situation is ever the same, though they may be sinilar. Those who are armed keep up on your training and retention skills. Just because (or IF) your company has a minimum qualification doesn't mean you should just meet that minimum, spend the exyra cash and go to the range on your own for yourself.

Those who are unarmed, we're not superheroes and cant be expected to do a cops job without the proper tools, training or support. There's no shame in calling 911 and being a good witness. While I have broken these rules in the past as I'm sure a few of us have, i dont think i will again because going hone to the fiance and her kid are my top priority. And if a company does expect all that from you and not give you the proper tools, bail. Been there done that and nothing good comes from it. Stay safe
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Very well said! We need to understand that there are tools all around us that will give us the knowledge and peace of mind that we know what to do if "Sh*t were to hit the fan".
      "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." ~ Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Comment

This is what has always pissed me off about "the security guard memorial site" and "Private Officer's Security Officer Memorial."

There's no effort to find out who "unknown security officer" is, because all these sites do is look on google for "security" + "dead" and a few other keywords. They don't network with agencies so that people report the information to them.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          This is what has always pissed me off about "the security guard memorial site" and "Private Officer's Security Officer Memorial."

There's no effort to find out who "unknown security officer" is, because all these sites do is look on google for "security" + "dead" and a few other keywords. They don't network with agencies so that people report the information to them.
          What I have found is that many agencies and companies take the privacy laws into account. It is alot harder to find the name of the deceased when some records don't even show the company that the officer worked for. It is just one of the areas where the "red tape" is just too thick in spots.

that and some groups are just lazy and yet still want to be seen as honoring the fallen
          Last edited by GreyMatter; 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X