Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unarmed california officed murdered

SANTA ANA CA.

A homicide investigation is under way after an unarmed security guard was shot and killed outside an apartment complex in Santa Ana.

The shooting was reported just before midnight Friday on the 1400 block of South Townsend Avenue.

When officers arrived, they found the man, identified as 24-year-old Jaime Alberto Villacorta, shot to death in an alley.

Villacorta had "at least one" gunshot wound, Cpl. Anthony Bertagna of the Santa Ana Police Department said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The security guard was not armed and was responsible for protecting the entire apartment complex, Bertagna said.

A motive was not immediately known.

"At this point we don't know if he was responding to some incident that was occurring here or he was the victim of a crime himself," Bertagna told KTLA.

A man identifying himself as Villacorta's stepfather said the security guard had problems in the past with "racist" people in the area. He also said the security guard feared for his safety and wanted to carry a gun.

"There is some gang activity in the neighborhood," Bertagna said, adding that it was not yet known if gangs were responsible for the shooting.

Residents of the apartment complex said Villacorta recently had at least two run-ins with gang members. During one confrontation, Villacorta was said to have been so scared that he ran and hid inside a laundry room.

Villacorta leaves behind a 7-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son.
    Ain't war hell?

RIP, Officer Villacorta. Our condolences to your family and friends.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I'd like to see whom ever made the penny pinching decision to have this officer work a location like this alone and unarmed... be forced to cover his shifts.

There should be SOME!!! law or regulation that the customer, and security company take into consideration the Officers safety when hiring security.

Not that it will bring the man back... I hope his family sue's the nuts off both the client, and the company. I'd like to see them both bankrupt.

Spuk...
      Last edited by Secret spuk; 06-13-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

(wan smile, here...)

Spuk, well put. I've been avoiding this thread simply because I'm struggling to refrain from a long and bitter rant. I'm sick of hearing about this sort of needless loss; this sort of abuse of an employee's need to earn a living... sick of hearing that dollars truly are worth more than an employee's life to both the end user (client) and the contractor.

Actions speak louder than words. No flowery rhetoric from either the employer or the client can make up for this loss, or return Officer Villacorta to his wife and children.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace, Brother.
        "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

This was a horrible tragedy and my condolences go out to his family. I can only imagine that the company will get sued, but they will probably close shop only to open again as a new company later. I agree with what 5423 said about the dollar being worth more than a life ...

As for spuks comment about the management covering the shifts, yeah, they might do it but they'll do it armed..... hypocrites.
          The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Just wondering how selfish these contractors and clients are. Everything is second to them before money,.
            What will the condition of his family!!!
            My condolences to his family. May GOD give them strength to face this time.
            security companies

Comment

here is a link to the same report with a news video clip
              http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...nty&id=8182365
              Very sad

Comment

RIP and Blue Skies.

Comment

It's unfortunate to see bad things like this happen to those who don't deserve it. I work in the Irvine area and whenever I am on the roof late at night, I always see a police helicopter with its light over the Santa Ana area. Not saying SA is a bad city, but it's the rougher parts of the county I certainly would be armed in. I hope the family gets through this tough time and things get better.
                  No, I don't think.
                  Nor do I assume, speculate or hypothesise.
                  I merely observe.

Comment

My sincere condolences. I hope this is solved ASAP.

Comment

Sorry, Sullivan714...I live in Orange, right at the Santa Ana border and just a few miles away from there. Santa Ana IS BOTH a rough AND bad city. I work for 3 bail bond companies on the streets near the jail and courthouses (in SA) and wouldn't dream of working (bail enforcement, security, meter maid, WHATEVER!) within those city limits unarmed and alone. I hope the security company AND the apartment complex owner and prop manager are sued into oblivion! Not that that will bring him back.
                      Tom Duprey
                      Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X