• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unarmed guard murdered in E. St. Louis

East St. Louis police investigate killing of security guard
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...9bb30f31a.html

Re

I once worked for a security firm that before accepting contracts would do their own analysis of the account to determine if it needed to be armed or unarmed. If they determined it needed to be armed and the client refused to arm the guards, the company refused to take the contract.

I don’t live in E. Saint Louis but to me a redevelopment project is AKA for the projects or the hood.

I hope the family of that security guard sue’s KLM, the security firm that had placed him there unarmed.

At minimal, there should have been more then one guard there. Obviously there was not or the other guard would have made the phone call to 911 and it would not have taken them over an hour to find him. Even with headshots people can still survive if they get the proper treatment fast enough, especially in a major metropolitan area such as this that has the facilities.

Most security firms here the Detroit area (I said most cause there are some that don’t, which I won’t work for them if they don’t) will not take on sites such as these without placing armed guards at them.

This to me sounds like the security guard firm did a poor job at planning out the site. Yes, they are in charge of that client’s security but they as an employer also have a two-fold job and that is also the security of their employees who are providing the security. If they knew it was high risk they should have out right refused to take the job or placed more guards at it. If the client refused to pay the extra money then don’t take the job. That is not uncommon for security companies to do. This sounds to me like someone at KLM was being greedy and now it will hopefully cost them.
    Last edited by jnazars; 04-27-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Re

I just realized something. KLM is also the same security firm that had another security guard shot about two months ago. I thought this was the same person but it is not. It appears to be a different person at a different account.

Apparently KLM is not doing what there supposed to be doing.
      Perhaps the state of Illinois needs to investigate them?

I use to drive truck and I know E. Saint Louis is not a good area. Every truck stop and every client I ever went to in E. Saint Louis had armed security at them and there was more then one.

Well apparently if KLM every expands nationwide, it’s one of those do not work for companies I need to keep on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by jnazars View Post
        I once worked for a security firm that before accepting contracts would do their own analysis of the account to determine if it needed to be armed or unarmed. If they determined it needed to be armed and the client refused to arm the guards, the company refused to take the contract.

...they as an employer also have a two-fold job and that is also the security of their employees...
        Kudos to your former employer(s); that's the way it should work, industry-wide.

Officer/employee safety is not a priority; it's THE Priority. First, last and always.

When we as supervisors assign a guard, officer, associate, what have you (a rose by any other name) to a duty or post on each given shift, we are in essence entering into a pact with said employee's family, to do all that is humanly possible to return him/her home in useable condition at the end of the shift.
        "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

Death of a Security Officer.

LOL Here I go with another post that wont be too popular.

OK This security officer was killed while on duty at his post. No one was arrested? Investigation continuing? Sad for his family and friends. My prayers are with them. But...

Murder is the one crime that pretty much everyone is capable of... to some degree. Also murder is almost never random. I would consider something in this officers personal life precipitated his demise, before his job being the reason for him being shot to death.

One element that must be proved when making a case of murder is the availability of the perp. And the proximity to the victim. The Security Officer was at his shedualed post, at the shedualed time. If a person wanted him gone... for what ever reason, it would be a guarante the victim would be availabe at his work place.

Not to ignore the possibility that he was shot for some transgression real or imagined during the course of his duties as a Security Officer. But I think thats unlikely.

And it's always possible that it was a random shooting by a psycho, or gang initiation or something similar.

I do hope the police sort it out in a timely manner, and bring the mutt'(s) to justice. And I pray his family find some comfort in this.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X